Oslo, Stockholm, Vilnius

Reads 1607 • Replies 14 • Started Friday, August 25, 2017 1:54:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

omhper
beers 40576 º places 332 º 17:12 Sat 8/26/2017

Originally posted by VsXsV
Akkurat is pretty much the same still, but there are small signs of things turning for the worse. They won’t get Zwanze this year, they won’t be getting any more Bokkereyder etc...

Yes, very small signs in Akkurat thus far, except that the quality German stuff has moved to zum Franziskaner.

As I understood Akkurat didn’t really find that the quality of Bokkereyder matched the price tag.

The ultimate 4 stop Stockholm pub crawl for a beer geek would be to start with unsung local beers at Katarina Ölkafé, head over to Omnipollos Hatt for highly sought after, overrated beers, served by wonderful staff at exorbitant prices. Great pizza too! To cut the 200m walk to Akkurat short a stop at Oliver Twist on the way is mandatory.

A fair weather alternative would be to take the boat to Fjäderholmarna, a island brewpub with more than decent beers. Check opening times!

While the beer scene both in Norway and Sweden are booming, if you really want beers that are truly different to what you find at home, I’d recommend that your friend saves space in his bags for Lithuanian farmhouse stuff.

beastiefan2k
beers 5023 º places 294 º 08:50 Sun 8/27/2017

Originally posted by omhper
if you really want beers that are truly different to what you find at home, I’d recommend that your friend saves space in his bags for Lithuanian farmhouse stuff.

That was my impression as well.

Travlr
beers 33927 º places 4607 º 06:36 Thu 8/31/2017

and the Lithuanian farmhouse ale that nate2g and I brewed will be served this weekend: https://www.facebook.com/events/485072791851559/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D

FatPhil
beers 26336 º places 998 º 06:55 Thu 8/31/2017

Note - beware the "real ale" nature of some of the traditional farmhouse brews - they don't necessarily keep well, particularly if they're not in a fridge. There are a couple of tap-to-bottle places (with taps that do a proper CO2 air purge pre-filling, to maximise your chances of success) which will give you a opportunity to have a half and decide if you want to growler it. A fresh Varniuku is a lovely thing, for example.