Portland this week

Reads 1279 • Replies 17 • Started Monday, September 4, 2017 10:46:43 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

douglas88
admin
beers 13239 º places 398 º 22:27 Mon 9/4/2017

You up for some beers one night?

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 22:42 Mon 9/4/2017

Originally posted by douglas88

50/50. Traveling with wife so have to see what her feelings are on meeting someone from Ratebeer. It varies between sure and hell no.

douglas88
admin
beers 13239 º places 398 º 23:04 Mon 9/4/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43

50/50. Traveling with wife so have to see what her feelings are on meeting someone from Ratebeer. It varies between sure and hell no.

Haha WTF! I am pretty free this week. When do you get in? You can text me at (412) 728 0543

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 23:14 Mon 9/4/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43

Haha WTF! I am pretty free this week. When do you get in? You can text me at (412) 728 0543

Land around 1pm Thursday. In Portland until 1-2pm Saturday, then Corvallis for the game.

Fly out EARLY Sunday so probably crash at the airport for a couple hours then board our flight. Undecided still

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 02:28 Tue 9/5/2017

Originally posted by digita7693

Food cart pods.

Seriously, that's a tourist attraction?

I admit I'm old and just Don't Get It, but I really just don't get it. Entire city blocks in downtown taken up by them. Granted, one such block used to be a parking lot AFA I can recall, but still.

You'd think that the increased competition for restaurants all the food carts have created in the last decade or so might have kept the cost of going out to eat from doubling in the same time, but nope. A weird, annoying situation.

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 03:29 Tue 9/5/2017

Originally posted by Erlangernick
Originally posted by digita7693

Food cart pods.

Seriously, that's a tourist attraction?

I admit I'm old and just Don't Get It, but I really just don't get it. Entire city blocks in downtown taken up by them. Granted, one such block used to be a parking lot AFA I can recall, but still.

You'd think that the increased competition for restaurants all the food carts have created in the last decade or so might have kept the cost of going out to eat from doubling in the same time, but nope. A weird, annoying situation.

He asked about food and nothing fancy you curmudgeonly bastard. :)
Of all the things I suggested this is what you pick on lol. Food carts in pdx are a great deal and offer a huge variety of food; added bonus, you can take the food to any bars that don't serve food.

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 01:04 Wed 9/6/2017

Multnomah falls is out for you now:(
Some fucking asshole seems to have thought it'd be a good idea to shoot fireworks off there and now the entire gorge is on fire:(