RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Finland | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

New brewpub in Helsinki

read 224 times • 3 replies • posted 5/6/2013 3:02:11 AM

Thread Frozen

premium
TBone 12547:215
Notice that there is new brewpub in Helsinki, in the middle of touristic centre of the city:

http://www.ratebeer.com/p/bryggeri-helsinki/35229/

Currently their two beers are brewed by Saimaan Juomatehdas (which has connections to owners), but they have already started their own production. So own beers are available in few weeks. They serve also other Finnish micros on tap.

Private message Send the author a private message

premium
3fourths 8023:1272
and what a brewery they are! one of the best unfiltered pilsners of the entire trip, and that includes nearly two weeks in Franconia. the weizen was solid, as was the alt. the brown ale was a stinker, though, given the different brewing system thatís not a surprise. if youíre a fan of zwickel pilsner, give this one an honest go.
6/14/2013 8:18:04 AM

Private message send the author a private message

FatPhil 9346:302
Agree. Lovely stuff - the Alt was a perfect match for my tastebuds.

They also have a BB03/2015 Laitilan Imperiaali. I donít know when it was brewed, but itís aging *excellently* - I highly recommend everyone getting a rerate there, I just pushed the beer over my 4.0 "wow" threshold.
6/15/2013 4:22:00 AM

premium
gnoff 7839:433
Nice!
Iíll make sure to stop by on my next visit for sure!
7/21/2013 9:29:13 PM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search