RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Utah | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Visiting SLC.

read 368 times • 11 replies • posted 7/3/2013 1:26:44 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

baggio 319:40
Hey,

Me and a buddy (weíre both from sweden) will be making a quick stop in SLC in late august and would like to know what places to hit up during our visit there and what would be be the best place to stock up on beerbottles (weíre going on a roadtrip). Are growlers even allowed in utah?

Appreciate any help!
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
Gription79 2236:51
Squatters and Red Rock are both downtown and are close to each other, both locations will fill growlers and have bottles to go. Utah draft beer is capped at 4% so anything over 4% will be in a bottle. The Beerhive has a good selection of craft beers and is only a few blocks away from Squatters. Epic, Uinta, Avenues Proper, Hoppers, and Bohemian are all within a 20 minute drive from downtown.
7/3/2013 3:05:00 PM

Private message send the author a private message

mikey 503:3
Heads-up. If your in town August 17th there will be beer festival downtown. Could be worth your time.
7/8/2013 11:38:30 AM

EdInSaltLake 593:6
Also: If youíd like some 4% "session" beers for the road trip, thereís a good selection of local stuff at most grocery stores.
7/9/2013 7:57:38 AM

Ok, letís try to post this once more...

I wonít be in SLC until the 25th of aug. What, bottled, hoppy brews might be readily avaialble then? (Looking for stuff above 4% abv). Planning to try as many <4% abv-beers on draught as i can. Also if there are tickers in SLC in need of swedish beer to ticks iíd be happy to bring some around. (No, i donít have any bottles of Kaggen :)).
7/10/2013 7:28:41 AM

Uinta Hop Notch IPA, Red Rock Elephino IIPA, and Epic Hopulent IPA are all good choices. Epic may also have a batch of Imperial Red available then.
7/10/2013 9:00:05 AM

Also: Squattersí IPA is not quite as hoppy as the beers I mentioned above--itís good stuff, though.
7/10/2013 9:02:43 AM

premium
douglas88 5838:204
Originally posted by baggio
Ok, letís try to post this once more...

I wonít be in SLC until the 25th of aug. What, bottled, hoppy brews might be readily avaialble then? (Looking for stuff above 4% abv). Planning to try as many <4% abv-beers on draught as i can. Also if there are tickers in SLC in need of swedish beer to ticks iíd be happy to bring some around. (No, i donít have any bottles of Kaggen :)).

Unfortunately Iíll be gone by then. But loads of strong beer here, and lots of IIPAs, Barley Wine, Stouts etc. Also, the local guys have pretty regular tastings you might be interested in. Be ready for sun!
7/10/2013 9:30:09 AM

I noticed Big Bad Baptist being released tomorrow. Anyone willing to pick up a few bottles for me? Can hook you up with some loons or whatever. Send me a message.
7/11/2013 1:08:15 PM

premium
Sledutah 4314:316
Iíll stop by today and see if they are still available, if so I need to pick up a few.
7/19/2013 11:53:15 AM

premium
Gription79 2236:51
I have got him covered, unless baggio would like more than the three I got him? We will have to all get together and have a beer when him and his friend are in town. I am thinking the Beerhive?
7/19/2013 4:55:30 PM

Home > Forums > Utah

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers