RateBeer

What beers winning in this hot weather?

read 1069 times • 46 replies •

Thread Frozen

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 05:37 Sat 7/20/2013

Alrighty,

So my drinking habits have changed the last 2-3 weeks cause of this hot weather. Iv been mad on the Camden American Unfiltered Hells, but beer of the moment for me is La Senne Zinnebier. Glorious stuff when fresh, belgian esters with over hopping and really clean body.

What you fellows on?

Chin chin

Theydon_Bois
premium
beers 12865 º places 853 º 05:49 Sat 7/20/2013

Aye - Zinnebier would be a good call for the weather.

I had a Lindemans Cuvee Rene last night in the garden. Hit the bloody spot it did !

harrisoni
premium
beers 15314 º places 27 º 05:54 Sat 7/20/2013

Any gueuze. How about Girardin Black Label? Had 2 bottles yesterday. Lovely, cold, refreshing, interesting, utterly drinkable, oh and one of the best beers in the world.

RichTheVillan
premium
beers 4665 º places 66 º 05:54 Sat 7/20/2013

Just having my last bottle of Pliny The Elder, going to move on to Thornbridge Halcyon.

harrisoni
premium
beers 15314 º places 27 º 05:55 Sat 7/20/2013

Oh and this being Ratebeer, any beer that is a rate.

I even had a half pint of some cider in a Wetherspoons at 10.30 this morning, just cos I could. Good entry to the day though. Almost like having Apple juice for breakfast.

harrisoni
premium
beers 15314 º places 27 º 06:01 Sat 7/20/2013

Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Just having my last bottle of Pliny The Elder, going to move on to Thornbridge Halcyon.

Easing yourself into Saturday then??

Leighton
premium
beers 14334 º places 726 º 06:06 Sat 7/20/2013

Kernel Citra on tap last night at the Harp was pretty nifty. I am now in a veritable beer wasteland - Littlehampton - where the local Spoonies appears to be the best option. Iíll check in there this evening.

RichTheVillan
premium
beers 4665 º places 66 º 06:07 Sat 7/20/2013

Originally posted by harrisoni
Originally posted by RichTheVillan

Easing yourself into Saturday then??

Indeed 8% DIPAís, getting them in before the other half comes in from work

harrisoni
premium
beers 15314 º places 27 º 06:08 Sat 7/20/2013

Hope youíve taken some bottles then Leigthon to enjoy on the beach. Sure you have. Littlehampton does have a decent beach front I think.

Theydon_Bois
premium
beers 12865 º places 853 º 06:12 Sat 7/20/2013

Originally posted by Leighton
Kernel Citra on tap last night at the Harp was pretty nifty. I am now in a veritable beer wasteland - Littlehampton - where the local Spoonies appears to be the best option. Iíll check in there this evening.

As in the Harp on Chandos Place?

Not been in there for a few years - didnít realise they did decent keg stuff. Is Kernel a regular feature in there?

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 06:20 Sat 7/20/2013

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by Leighton

As in the Harp on Chandos Place?

Not been in there for a few years - didnít realise they did decent keg stuff. Is Kernel a regular feature in there?

Whats wrong with you man!

The Harp is a capital place, Hophead being in particular fine form of recent times.