RateBeer

Kris Wines opening hours

read 585 times • 16 replies •

Thread Frozen
 
Theydon_Bois
premium
beers 12901 º places 853 º 02:53 Tue 7/23/2013

Anyone know if the opening hours on the place page are correct ?

States from 1.30pm?

Was thinking of a lunchtime visit but 1.30 is a bit late in the day bearing in mind itís a little off the beaten track.

 
Leighton
premium
beers 14394 º places 727 º 02:56 Tue 7/23/2013

Give íem a ring: 020 7607 4871 (I think). Iíve never gone there before 13:30 so canít provide anecdotal information.

 
Theydon_Bois
premium
beers 12901 º places 853 º 03:01 Tue 7/23/2013

Cheers - just tried but guess there might not be anyone there for a while yet.



Interestingly (or not!) I was looking at walking routes from the tube, either Cally Road or Kentish Town (the latter a minute longer by the looks).



If you walk from Kentish Town you get to strut the full length of Leighton Road !

 
Leighton
premium
beers 14394 º places 727 º 03:08 Tue 7/23/2013

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Cheers - just tried but guess there might not be anyone there for a while yet.



Interestingly (or not!) I was looking at walking routes from the tube, either Cally Road or Kentish Town (the latter a minute longer by the looks).



If you walk from Kentish Town you get to strut the full length of Leighton Road !


Indeed you do. That road used to have some stupid name but after I traversed it some few hundred times on pilgrimages to Kris Wines, the local council decided to honour me as such.

 
MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 03:25 Tue 7/23/2013

I believe the opening time is 3pm, havnt been for ages but I remember waiting outside till 3pm one day.

 
mR_fr0g
premium
beers 5833 º places 7 º 04:26 Tue 7/23/2013

Originally posted by Leighton
Give íem a ring: 020 7607 4871 (I think). Iíve never gone there before 13:30 so canít provide anecdotal information.

Leighton has it on speed dial.

 
Theydon_Bois
premium
beers 12901 º places 853 º 06:13 Tue 7/23/2013

Just got through ... chap I spoke to says open at 11am!



11.00 - 23.00 he told me.



I may well pop up there one lunchtime this week.



Iíve edited the opening times accordingly.

 
humlelala
beers 1137 º places 68 º 06:52 Tue 7/23/2013

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Just got through ... chap I spoke to says open at 11am!



11.00 - 23.00 he told me.



I may well pop up there one lunchtime this week.



Iíve edited the opening times accordingly.

Thatís funny - I guess their opening hours were changed then since I remember visiting in vain on Thursday April 11th at 13.38. I even have a picture of their grafitti-covered shutters to remind me of the rather disappointing ending to a long walk from the nearest tube station. At the time I only had myself to blame though, as I had not consulted the opening hours information on RateBeer. Glad to hear that theyíve extended their opening hours greatly since April.

 
Theydon_Bois
premium
beers 12901 º places 853 º 06:59 Tue 7/23/2013

I am still not 100% convinced and kind of expect to rock up and find no cigar but I will head there one day this week around 12/1230 and report back.

 
maneliquor
beers 3474 º places 153 º 18:30 Tue 7/23/2013

I went there at half 2 to check out the place for a second time on my visit. They were closed and I waited until 3. Still didnít open. So I walked to Camden and got pissed there

 
Theydon_Bois
premium
beers 12901 º places 853 º 02:48 Wed 7/24/2013

Originally posted by maneliquor

I went there at half 2 to check out the place for a second time on my visit. They were closed and I waited until 3. Still didnít open. So I walked to Camden and got pissed there





Cheers Josh - I canít say I was 100% confident in the guy, his English wasnít great! Perhaps he thought I was asking for the closing time ?



Iíve changed the times on the place entry to 3pm just so no one from out of town rocks up to find it closed - seems the safest bet.