1. Mash grains for 60 min. w/3.5 gal. H2O @ 158F.|
2. Raise mash temp to 170F for mash-out
3. Sparge for 60 min. w/5.5 gal. H2O @ 170F.
4. Add DME and bring to a boil and add boiling Hops.
(Used DME because of Mashtun volume Restrictions)
5. At 30 min. add second hops.
6. At 45 min. add wort chiller and whirfloc.
7. At 50 min. add aroma hops.
8. At 60 min. turn off flames and start chiller.
9. Rack to carboy and pitch yeast starter.
10. Primary ferment until finished.
11. Rack to secondary and add dry hops for 2 weeks.
12. Add corn sugar and Nottingham at bottling and condition at room temp. for 1 month I add Nottingham at bottling because I have had 2 flat batches without it.
13. Celler at 50F for 6 months to 1 yr.
14. Enjoy!!! Your patience will be greatly rewarded.