Graybeard Huggable Ale|
A coppery hued bitter that displays very mild malty notes with a smooth creamy mouthfeel and light but noticed fresh hop bitterness, a true session mild bitter.
OG: 1.044, FG: 1.016
ABV: 3.64%, 36.9 IBU
1) Do small 1 Liter starter 4-5 days prior to brew day|
2) Brewday: Steep speciality grains in 2 gallons on water at 158 for 30 minutes, sparge with 1 gallon on water at 170. Remove speciality grains.
3) In secondary kettle/pot, add extract to 2.5 gallons of water from 170 to near boil, stir well and then add to main kettle. Bring main kettle to boil for 60 minutes.
4) Add hops, sugar, Irish Moss and Nutrient per schedule.
5) Bottle or keg after 14 days, keep carbonation soft. I used Muntonís KreamyX Priming Agent to give it a "Cask-conditioned" feel. Bottle should be ready after 14-21 days. There could be some Diacetyl at first but that will fade nicely has it carbonates.