1. Prepare brewing water (10.6 gallons) |
2. Single infusion mash with 6 gallons of water. Aim for 148F.
3. After conversion, sparge (168F). I batch sparge. Sparge with enough water to obtain the preboil volume that your system needs for a 5 gallon batch. For my system that is 4.6 gallons of sparge water to get a preboil volume of 7.3 gallons (my boiloff rate is huge).
4. 60 minute boil with the above additions.
5. Chill quickly down to pitching temperature. Oxygenate. Pitch a healthy starter.
6. Ferment in the mid 60Fs. 7 days in primary, 10 days in secondary with the dry hops.
7. Bottle or keg to ~2.4 vol CO2.