Triple Deke Dark|
A delicious dark belgian strong ale, in the same vein as Chimay Blue. A spicy, fruity nose gives way to a moderately thick mouthfeel with hints of cloves and raisins. A moderate alcohol finish warms the throat. The perfect beer to drink after an evening of pond hockey.
1) Make a 1/2 gal starter with .3lbs of the light DME the day before brewing with the WLP500. Other belgian yeasts can be substituted to your fancy so long as they have sufficient alcohol tolerance. |
2) Boil 3 gallons of water, add all remaining DME and candi sugar. After 15 minutes, add all hops. Continue boiling for a total of 1 hour.
3) Add 1 TBSP of yeast nutrient and let cool.
4) Pitch starter, aerate, and let fermet around 70degF.
5) Rack into secondary after 2 weeks.
6) Bottle after another week or two, prime with 3/4 cup
cane sugar and T-58 yeast.
Ages well, hitting best taste within a couple months.