1. Prepare the white rice as you normally would.|
2. Place garlic, cilantro stems and black pepper into mortar & pestle, or spice grinder, and grind into a paste.
3. Wash all vegetables. Prep the vegetables by chopping the onion, slicing the squash into 1/4 inch slices, and cutting up the tofu into cubes. When preparing the bok choy, cut off and discard the base of the cabbage. Remove and discard the tips of the big dark green leaves and remove any brown or bad bits. Rinse each individual leaf under running water to remove trapped bits of soil. You will need about half of the entire head of bok choy, depending on its size. Take the stalks/leaves and roughly chop them into bite sized pieces.
4. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil. When hot, add the garlic/cilantro/pepper mixture. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
5. Add the onion and stir-fry until onions get a little soft. Mix the spices around to coat the onions.
6. Add the cooked white rice and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, stirring to coat the rice with the spices.
7. Add the remaining vegetables and basil and stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes. The goal is to get the vegetables hot and lightly softened, but not overdone. Take care not to pulverize the tofu while stir-frying.
8. Serve with a Belgian style tripel or witbier.