1. Steep the five specialty malts in 3.5 gallons of 170F water for 30 minutes.|
2. Remove grains then add LME, stir thoroughly, turn on heat and bring to a boil.
3. When boiling commences add the five bittering hop additions at six minute intervals then...
4. ...add the ten flavor/aroma additions at three minute intervals.
5. At 15 minutes before knockout (heat turned off) add the Irish moss.
6. Cool the wort then add to fermenter filled with 1.5 gallons of cold water and top up to 5 gallons.
7. Aerate well using your preferred method of aeration then pitch yeast and ferment to completion.
Recipe was formulated with ProMash. Hop utilization was calculated for a 3.5 gallon partial boil using pellet hops; Daniels setting used for IBU formula.