Mole Chile Porter
This was the fourth in my seri
1 lb. Crystal Malt 80 L
1 lb. Crystal Malt 20 L
1 lb. Chocolate Malt
6.6 lb. Northwestern Gold malt extract (6.6 lb.)
1 oz. EKG Hops (6.1% AAU) at start
1 oz. Fuggles hops (5.4% AAU) 30 min. in
.6 oz. Sterling leaf hops 2 min from end (a souvenir of the 2003 National Homebrewers Conference)
1 tube Wyeast #1028 London Ale Yeast.
2 Chilhuacle Negro chiles (in secondary)
2 small Santa Fe Chiles
2 Poblano chiles (All chiles roasted and peeled, stems and seeds removed, sanitized in vodka)
1. Steep grains in 1 gal. 1 qt. water at 140 F for 20 min.
2. Add extract and pre-boiled water to 4 gallons.
3. Bring to boil for 75 min., adding hops per schedule
4. Cool, add more water to 5 gal. and pitch Yeast.
5. Primary: 10 days at 70 F
6. Rack to secondary, add chiles in grain bag after 8 days
7. Prime and Bottle after 2 weeks
Copyright © 2000-2015,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Edit Personal Info
Buy Premium Membership
100 Beer Club
The Top 50