RATINGS: 493   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 288   ABV: 9.6%
Due to our participation in at least a half a dozen collaborations each year, one might perceive Stone as the craft beer equivalent of a bee flitting indiscriminately from one brewery to the next, all the while drawing precious nectar-the expertise and creativity of those institutioní brewmasters. Another buzzy operation that gets the same rap is Bluejacket, a new, Washington, D.C.-based operation headed by industry veteran and constant collaborator Megan OíLeary Parisi. But make no mistake, Stone and Bluejacket are intensely selective about the contemporaries we invite into our brewhouses. We look for the same high level of passion and daringness to flip a beer style on its head that we employ on a baily basis. So, when Parisi and Stone brewmaster Mitch Steele decided to collaborate, it was essential that they tap a special individual to complete their triad of fermentation domination, and they found just that in Tonya Cornett, the brewmaster at Bend, Oregonís 10 Barrel Brewing Company. Together, they decided on a sturdy yet velvety base of imperial porter and developed a plan to celebrate the bounty of the environs in which it was produced by harvesting avocado honey, jasmine and calendula flowers (some from our very own Stone Farms)and infusing them into the beer to create something complex and uniquely Southern Californian. Consider it craft cross-pollination at its finest.

kdm1984 (814) - Missouri, USA - OCT 23, 2013
Subtle, fine aroma of honey, flowers, and cocoa. Fluffy head that retains wonderfully. Tastes of grapes, booze, and cocoa, and finishes with a roasty bitterness. Creamy mouthfeel. I love imperial porters, and Iím happy to see this style taking off lately. So glad Stone did a fine job with this and didnít turn it into some one-dimensional hop bomb like they have been slinging out so much lately. Delicious, very classy brew here.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
blackflag321 (577) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - OCT 23, 2013
Draft in snifter. Opaque black/brown. Mocha coffee, hints of chocolate-cherry and smoke. Velvety smooth. Very nice. Drinks like a 6% ABV.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Rrauth (1196) - North Carolina, USA - OCT 23, 2013
bottle. Thx patrick. let me preface this by saying im a bit sick and my palate is not in its prime. its unique. not a fan but im glad i got to try it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TimsRatings (421) - - OCT 23, 2013
From bomber. Dark dark dark with light caramel colored head. Malt and mocha aroma. Dark/bitter porter whose coffee flavors would warn a cold soul on a chilly winter eve, and taste darn fine doing so. It may be my imagination, but I think I'm sensing a touch of vanilla in the aftertaste... ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Butters (3991) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - OCT 23, 2013
Was I the only one who didnít like this? While I found it to be drinkable, it certainly wasnít enjoyable. I kept finding myself thinking "I have to just suck this down so I can pour the next beer..." It was unique for sure. But the way that the roastiness and the lavendar mixed, well, it just didnít play very nicely for me. The honey tones were okay, but muted. Really didnít care for it. It almost started to grow on me after a while, but those first sips were just weird.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
douglas88 (7590) - Portland, Oregon, USA - OCT 22, 2013
Bomber from the Tin Bucket. Pours a dark black with reddish hues around the edges, a medium tan head. A sweet fruity nose, cocoa, and honey. The flavor has loads of what I perceive to be peppers from some reason, bitter chocolates, dark fruit, some vegetable notes, plums are big. Cocoa and dry wood. Pretty good, not very hot, a bit odd.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
drowland (7111) - Georgia, USA - OCT 22, 2013
22oz bottle from Beachís in Fort Walton Beach. Not quite deep black pour with a small tan head. Weird aroma... floral for sure, like lilies and white grapes, char, ash, and more flowers. Weird. Sweet flavor, as in literally sweet, not like "SWEEEEET!" Sweet, chalky, ash, lots of flowers, lingering honey. Not awful, but weird, and not great.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Franks (31) - Long Beach, California, USA - OCT 22, 2013
Poured very dark with a tan head about two fingers high. Smells a tad sweet with some floral, malt and honey notes. Tastes sweet at first giving way to a bitter smokey finish. Palate is a silky with light carbonation. A good drink, but not my favorite. Give it a shot and see how it fairs up, to your tastes.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kroney (233) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 22, 2013
UPDATED: JAN 12, 2015 pours dark mahogany with a thin but dense beige head. Aroma is a tad sweet, honey, caramel and sweet floral. flavor is coffee bean, bitter chocolate, some dried cherry, anise; very balanced, finished with some hop bite and alcohol. Palate is extremely "Suede", but dry as it lingers. Very well done.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dan269605 (235) - Rocky Hill, Connecticut, USA - OCT 22, 2013
Deep dark brown with average sized beige head. The aroma is a letdown for me as I donít get any flowers, jasmine or honey. What I get is the usual suspects of a porter, roasted notes, light coffee, slight bitterness and subtle sweetness. Taste is much of the same. I donít feel the alcohol and it seems perhaps a little thin for me, then again it is a porter and not a stout. This is decent, but nothing to go out of your way for.