RATINGS: 391   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 237   ABV: 7.9%
Like FDR’s Depression-Era Radio Addresses, which were like a kick in the butt and a hug at the same time, our Fireside Chat is a subtle twist on the traditional seasonal brew. We begin with a rich, dark, English-style ale and then we improvise with spices until we know we have a beer worth sharing with the nation. Celebrating the right to be original.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheHopster (963) - Netcong, New Jersey, USA - JAN 20, 2012
Bonus can from Keg_Juggler. Pours mahogany with thick lasting tan head. Aroma is mildly spiced with notes of root beer. The favor is correctly spiced, not too strong or single dominating character. Warming alcohol, but well hidden. Smooth palate. A nice surprise, much better than expected.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
RunningRyan (3) - California, USA - JAN 18, 2012 does not count
I would have to say this beer isn’t bad, at first glance I was skeptical yet enthralled by the cover art and deScription. It talks of old chats from FDR and how they were nice yet a kick in the ass, that alone made me interested. After opening and pouring this beer into one of my widmier glasses and letting the beer fully open and settle I enjoyed a taste of culminating hop and roasted type barley. Truly this beer had a full bodied taste and turned slightly to the more hoppy. I myself not being a huge fan of very hoppy drinks found this invigorating and well made. Though I did pour this into a beer glass it may be different than out of the can, also I served this to me and my friend and very cold temp. In any case I found this a hoppy yet full bodied and tasty beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
cheap (4755) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 16, 2012
From the can one very good looking dark beer. I swear I smell a hint of rootbeer in there, no way. Head goes rocky. Yes, this does have an alky impact on the back of the palate. Strong bitter medicine. Funny when the taste is so much different than it looks. Don’t it bother you when they don’t tell you the spices? Let me guess....

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
philtom15 (54) - Kansas, USA - JAN 14, 2012
A very nice color, nose is spiced pie. Flavor is a spice not unlike nutmeg. A very nice winter drink, very refreshing and warms the body. A definite beer to add to your drunk list.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
MrBunn (2609) - The Wet Side of a Dry Town, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 10, 2012
Can. Pours a nice deep brown with ruby highlights and a quickly fading head that leaves a thin film of tan on the surface and some nice lacing on the sides of the glass. Aromas are nice enough... kind of a mix of pie spices, toffee and an earthy/nutty smell. Flavor is heavy with the earthiness, almost like soil and leaves after a fall rain, with a healthy dose of deep sweetness that reminds me of toffee with a bit of chocolate. The spices get muted a bit in the flavor and the beer seems a bit thin on the palate and in the finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DrSilverworm (9107) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 2, 2012
12oz can. Very dark but clear brown-red color, some tan head. Really nice malty aroma, with a good chocolate and spice taste. I really love how this beer manages to be unique, yet still unmistakingly winter. Great sweet spice taste, with a mild hop bitterness in there. Lighter, smooth carbonation, nice aftertaste. An awesome beer when I split a six-pack of it back in October with Robby while wakeboarding, and still an awesome one now to enjoy peacefully by myself in my quiet and empty home.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
gsmitty80 (2128) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 2, 2012
I think this was a really nicely warm and well balanced spice beer. The corriander is not overpowering and it does give a nice warm feeling. Enjoyable winter seasonal.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BVery (8692) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - DEC 30, 2011
Can. Looks like we have some haters for this brew - I actually kind of like this one. Very dark pour with a really nice clingy brown head. Aroma of chocolate and Christmas spices. Taste is about the same as the nose. Nice smooth semi-heavy palate. Good stuff.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
unclemike (2685) - Ft. Riley, Kansas, USA - DEC 27, 2011
12oz can poured deep reddish brown with tan head. Aroma was a strong sour apple with other spices like nutmeg and corriander present. Taste was also sour and body was medium thin. Not bad but

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 16/20
jdjuice (479) - Kumamoto, JAPAN - DEC 27, 2011
Tap at the pit, Raleigh, nc. Black with small light head, I don’t remember what it smelled like, but it tasted like a decent stout with a bunch of spices added. The mouthfeel was a little rougher than I like in a dark beer, but the spicy flavors were well balanced and complemented the malts nicely. Not too heavy and pretty easy to drink.