overall

RATINGS: 370   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.15   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 237   ABV: 7.9%
Like FDRís Depression-Era Radio Addresses, which were like a kick in the butt and a hug at the same time, our Fireside Chat is a subtle twist on the traditional seasonal brew. We begin with a rich, dark, English-style ale and then we improvise with spices until we know we have a beer worth sharing with the nation. Celebrating the right to be original.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DocLock (8054) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 24, 2010
Can and draft at Caponeís. Pours hazy burnt sienna toward black with 1-finger smacked-ass looking off-khaki head. Nose is malty, spicy, with some earthy peaty esters, hops, brown sugar and nutmeg notes. Tastes malty, with pronounced nutmeggy and cinnamonny spices, briwn sugar, figgy fruit, backup hops, medium palate heft, decent complexity, and very well hiddenn alcohol. Methinks this one would perform quite well when heated. Decent stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
j12601 (6863) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - NOV 24, 2010
On tap for growler fills at Half Time. Pours a clear ruby brown with a medium to large beige head. Cinnamon and spice, nutty malt on the nose. More cinnamon in the body, but the overall spice level is gentle and subtle. Caramel and malt, nice toast and sweet spices. Light metallic taste on the finish with more toast and spice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
nickd717 (3573) - San Francisco, California, USA - NOV 21, 2010
UPDATED: AUG 25, 2011 On tap at 21st Amendment. Pours a mostly clear caramel-brown color with a well-formed thick tan head. The aroma is rather spicy and typical of a winter warmer with sweet toffee notes. The flavor is a little spice heavy but not terribly so. Nutmeg and allspice are most prominent. This is backed up by a sweet English toffee malt character. Smooth on the mouthfeel with medium-full body and only slight syrupiness, not too much given the ABV. Slight alcohol warmth. I find this one a bit underrated overall. Itís pretty solid for a winter warmer actually.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
keepersj12 (2761) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - NOV 21, 2010
Strange brew. A very sour and malty aroma (is sour a smell?) from a very nice dark reddish brown pour with a nice off white lacing head. The taste is quite sour which dominates with a hint of malt in the background. The finish is nicely dry and refreshing. Iím not sure where this ranks but I do like it if thatís means anything.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Maltajo (329) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2010
Can. My apologies dear friends. I cannot actually give a clear rate on this beer. As I brought my glass to my face I experienced the barnyard like aroma just as I dipped my lips to it. It was at that moment that I decided to take my glass and pour it down the drain. So if I must put down some kind of discription, I would say that this beer tasted like $@&t. Have a nice day.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
BDR (2534) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - NOV 21, 2010
This was disappointing. Infected and nauseatingly lactic, it was closer to vomit than beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
lordeche (479) - Quincy, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 19, 2010
Pours mahogany brown. Aroma of toffee, caramel, english hops, cherry, allspice, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Flavor contains notes of spice, rich malty sweetness, piney hops, and a bicuity finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Alphadelic (1769) - Portland, Oregon, USA - NOV 19, 2010
A deep rusty brown. The aroma is lightly sour and metallic. The mouth is much the same. Not really very nice. It does Taste like a bullshit English Christmas beer though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
boFNjackson (4176) - Portland, Oregon, USA - NOV 18, 2010
Can... Poured dark brown with a thick, light brown head. The aroma had a hint of a yeast tanginess, spices, and tart fruit. Flavor tasted very metallic, cocoa, light malt sweetness, faint sour nuances, cherries, oak, vanilla. Hops just played as a balance but didnít contribute to the flavor. Dried fruits, nutty too.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
greencatfish (18) - Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 16, 2010
Not sure what to say about this. To me I just tasted like a blended mess. Really nothing stood out just a bunch of different flavors all kind of jammed together. I would expect better from this brewery