23rd Street Kansas Prairie Lyte
     click to upload

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 2.76/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.75   IBU: 19   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%

RobertDale's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
RobertDale (3450) - Lansing, Kansas, USA - JAN 31, 2013
On tap at the brewery. Comes a clear light gold with a small white head. Very mild aroma of malt and grain. Taste is malt, grain, and a small amount of citrus. Very "Lyte".

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
beastiefan2k (2419) - Emerald City (formely NYC & KS), Washington, USA - JUN 29, 2013
Last rating as a Kansa-knight. A fitting end to a wonderful period of life. Enjoyed this beer the night before I moved out. Asked for a 10oz pour and the waitress could not understand why I wouldn’t just get the 24oz mug that was only a buck more as the special that night. Oh, 23rd waitresses. 23rd St was not the first brewery I visited in Kansas, I of course went to Free State first. However, 23rd was the highlight of that night. I enjoyed my first visit to Lawrence with some wonderful people. Tim was very warm and welcoming and spearheaded the little RB meet up. Chris ignored me all night but got us into 23rd St after it was closed and talked the bartender into allowing us to open a bottle of KRE that I brought with me. And Greg looked like Kevin Smith. It was a great night but at that time I did not know I would be spending 5 years in Lawrence. The 5 years were great and my beer life changed a bit. Kansas and the KC area make and have access to some very good beer. However, there is less mayhem and craziness about it (starting to get a little crazier in the KC metro area). I allowed beer to no longer dominate every single moment in life and just enjoy it, you know, normally. 23rd St became my little project, completely overlooked by the locals b/c they wear their Free State blinders. 23rd St still stands as better than any brewpub in KC. Unfortunately, its still only the second best in Lawrence. As I moderated my beer geekery I reduced my drinking and rating. Life was good. However, in March 2013 I learned that I would be moving to Chicago. At that moment, I realized I need to leave my mark as a real Kansas beer lover and rater. I had become complacent with my ratings, or lack there of. So, I worked my hardest to catch up. As I move, I leave as the #1 rater of 23rd St beer (however, RobertDale is going to overtake me one day, despite living here for 5 years he is the #1 rater of KS beer in only 3 years). I am 3 easily available seasonals out of being in the top five for Blvd. 3rd most ratings for Free State (lets see if TomDecapolis -my RB exchange buddy- and Bob can catch up), Indra will never be taken down. Sneaked into the top 5 for Weston (man, the used to make horrible beer but now its doable), 1st for Tallgrass but unclemike should take me over eventually. Speaking of unclemike, while I am second to him for Little Apple ticks he is 36 ahead of me. Tied for first (with Tim and Greg) for Mo’s Place, what an original place. Ignored Blind Tiger too much, should have showed it more love. Only visited Nigh Noon Saloon once, should have given it another shot. Never drank in Wichita. In conclusion, when I rate this clean and completely watery beer - just as it is intended to be - I do more than just assign a number to my sensory perception but I fill it with years of life.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
jcnielsen (2099) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUN 13, 2013
On tap at 23rd Street. Pours a light golden color with white head. Watery, straw, earthy flavors. Not much going on here.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
adnielsen (9077) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JUN 11, 2013
Tap @ 23rd Street. Pours a clear, light yellow appearance with a thin white head. Sweet bready grainy, light vanilla aroma. Somewhat herbal bitter, grassy, cracker flavor. Ok.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
badlizard (5538) - Berkeley, California, USA - MAY 21, 2011
On tap at brewery. Clear golden with a fizzy white head. Malty, grainy aroma and taste with vanilla notes.