75th Street Spit Fire Chile Wheat

click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6   ABV: -

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
unclemattie (4035) - Georgia, USA - SEP 19, 2009
MADE with HATCH CHILI PEPPERS.
I thought this beer was called Dirty Miguelís Chili beer. I did not find one of that name, there is this one though.
Tap @ 75th Street. Based on the Cow Town Wheat. Light haze , yellow color. Aroma of sliced green peppers. Flavor has a nice malt under a light tingle of chilis. Light bodied. Finishes with a dominate chili pepper character. Lots of fun. I enjoyed it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Nuffield (3637) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - JAN 2, 2005
I suspect 75th Street makes its chile beer from the base of the Cow Town--it certainly lead to confusion, as the waitress put down my sample of what she called the Dirty Maguels Chile Beer on the samplerís place for the Royal Raspberry Wheat, also made from the same base--so ouch! I felt when I was expecting a sip of something a bit more fruity.... No aroma to speak of, except a bit of dust. No up-front flavor, just a hint of green chile, with a slow burn at the end. This is much more milder than most other chile beers Iíve had, and thatís a relief, but on the whole I still hate chile beer. It burns the lips and kills the palate. (on tap at Lawrence, KS location)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Dansting (222) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - JUL 5, 2004
Blah. No real flavor, yet burns your throat once you swallow it. According to the waitress, more people send it back than drink it, including the sample. I donít know who actually likes chile beers, but this one is better than most since it didnít make me want to vomit.