overall

RATINGS: 839   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.67   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Abita Amber is a Munich style lager brewed with crystal malt and Perle hops. It has a smooth, malty, slightly caramel flavor and a rich amber color. ABV at some point from 5% to 4.5%.

houseostyle (5) - USA - JUN 27, 2007 does not count
This is the best amber in the market and if you don’t think so than you must be a northener cause us southerns eat it up its great.

TheDutchman (19) - Louisiana, USA - APR 2, 2008
I know that it’s just me on this one but I really love this brew. This was the first craft beer I fell in love with and the one I keep coming back to. I love Amber beers and this is my favorite. It has a wonderful caramel aroma and when I poured it from it’s bottle into a Lager glass it gave off a long lasting full head. Great lacing and I love the minimal aftertaste and thirst quenching qualities of this beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
MouthfulOfchri (1) - Frisco, Texas, USA - DEC 20, 2011 does not count

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
meadowskl299 (2) - USA - APR 8, 2002 does not count
By far my favorite draft beer. Not nearly as good bottled. Can’t wait to go back to New Orleans.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - MAY 14, 2002
The classica Abita beer, Amber provides a touch of carmel to an already smooth beer. I prefer this beer because of its aroma: hot too heavy, but definately there.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
SmashAsh (14) - California, USA - AUG 1, 2011
I grew up drinking this beer. And I think a lot has to be said about "where" you drink it. It is a GREAT beer for hot, humid, LA days! Great flavor but not overly sticky/cloying.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
gschrade (614) - Collinsville, USA - NOV 14, 2013
I had this at Global Brew. Pours amber with a white head. Taste slightly sweet, Carmel. I thought this was pretty good. I would drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DuffManOhYeah (133) - USA - NOV 14, 2002
Great lager. Malty taste with a very full body. Nice color and aroma too. Damn good beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
tio (7) - Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA - FEB 8, 2008 does not count
Probably my favorite Abita so far. I like the hit of caramel on the end. Still have a few to try.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Zane_Hilton (11) - USA - AUG 7, 2010
This is what I drink most commonly. It’s exactly as advertised, its an amber lager designed to be consumed in the New Orleans heat. It’s light and refreshing. Not my favorite from abita, but its their most common. I get a lot of enjoyment from having this beer as my standby. medium body, average carbonation, long finish, medium sweetness, lightly bitter, lightly sour, amber, minimal head, caramel,