RATINGS: 635   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.94/5   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Abita Andygator®, a creature of the swamp, is a unique, high-gravity brew made with pale malt, German lager yeast, and German Perle hops. Unlike other high-gravity brews, Andygator® is fermented to a dry finish with a slightly sweet flavor and subtle fruit aroma. Reaching an alcohol strength of 8% by volume, it is a Helles Doppelbock.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
tysongillmore (350) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2015
I didn't take any extra notes when I tried this beer for the first time but I'm gonna try it again and update my comments. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
kidrobot (103) - Port Charlotte, New Jersey, USA - JUN 9, 2010
Bomber Pours with a small bubbly head. Great aroma was present. Tastes of bitter/sour hay, little citrus, and has a somewhat harsh finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ordybill (824) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - FEB 7, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. Aroma- Has a yeast and grass smell. Appearance- this beer is a really bright golden yellow color, with a medium sized white head. Taste-Has a really flavorful grassy flavor with a nice alcohol finish. Palate- A medium bodied brew with mild carbonation, with a dry finish. Overall- OI really like this brew. This is my favorite Abita brew so far

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
leah2974 (453) - Georgia, USA - FEB 18, 2012
Smells like fresh corn tortillas, and almost tastes like them, too. Balanced, mildly spiced. Gingerbread. The first Abita I’ve liked.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
HighWine (955) - Whalezbro, Illinois, USA - AUG 12, 2009
Bottle. Beautiful golden color with a bright white head. Nice lacing. Fruit and spice nose. Honey and melon rind jump out at me. Sweet malt and yeast in the mouth. A fair amount of alcohol is present but the finish is really dry. I’m pretty impressed with how the alcohol builds the flavor in the mouth and then fades into the background. Some yeast fruitiness jumps out midway through the taste as well. The hops are present but provide just the right balance. I’m surprised by the poor ratings of this beer. I may be way off, but I really enjoyed this beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
robcarter (2) - savannah, Georgia, USA - JUL 13, 2012 does not count
Sweet to smell with a fruitful bouquet. Sweet full taste with a slight remnant after taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Beergeek (2) - Essexville, Michigan, USA - MAY 24, 2001 does not count
Abita’s little secret!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
teebradford (51) - Senatobia, Mississippi, USA - JAN 14, 2010
This beer makes me feel special. I love the tight bubbles that are constantly flowing upwards. This beer kind of reminds me of a rich man’s Budweiser. It has a beautiful golden color with a creamy, fluffy, surprisingly lasting head. The taste is of honey and corn. It’s very drinkable and very smooth. I don’t get the low rating here. I think it may have something to do with the fact that when people try this, they are expecting a dopple bock. It’s not. It’s a very, very good pilsner. I’m glad I finally tried it after seeing it on the shelf for so long. Oh, and by the way, the 8% alcohol is VERY well hidden. Be careful!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
SmashAsh (14) - California, USA - AUG 1, 2011
I am a fan of Abita’s beers. One of the first "microbrewery’s" and one of my Andygator is one of my faves from Abita. Clear dark golden color with slightly sweet undertones.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BallyLoser (136) - Redmond, Washington, USA - FEB 8, 2008
Gold colour. Light in texture, but not in tasty. smooth texture and light head.