overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1222   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57   EST. CALORIES: 142   ABV: 4.75%
Abita Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added during secondary fermentation. Subtle coloration, fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
stoutosaurus (157) - Clinton, Mississippi, USA - AUG 10, 2002
A friend of mine loves this stuff. I tried it and it was actually drinkable, although I wouldnít have it again unless I had to save my self from coormillweiser.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - AUG 8, 2002
This was great. not only did i taste full on raspberry, but every gulp had WHEAT in it...which is unheard of for a WHEAT beer. Take a clue michelob. This sucker has a thick yeasty aroma and a mellow crisp body and taste. Really extraordinary from the other wheats iíve had (yea both of em).

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
SJP (483) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 5, 2002
Tastes like rasberry flavored soda water. Skip it.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 3/20
Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 31, 2002
very Slight raspberry flavor but mostly tastless.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
dankfor20 (193) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUL 31, 2002
I had a pint of this off a tap just to try it. And it wasnít nearly as nasty as these other people make it out to be. Iím not a huge fruit beer fan. but i can enjoy a pint or two from time to time. This was smooth with a nice raspberrie tone that wasnít overpowering. went down very easy. I wouldnít buy a sxier or anything but iíd buy another pint if i was in th mood

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 30, 2002
Oye vay!! I wanted to give this beer the benefit of the doubt (I donít generally go for these flavored concotions) but let me tell ya. Steer clear my comrades. This is really a bad effort. Weak body and a very unoriginal raspberry...I dunno, thing going on with it that is rather revolting. There is a purple sort of haze to it but itís not that cute after youíve had a couple of sips and are pissed with yourself at having forked over a buck ninety nine for this crap. Donít even try it to rate it. Trust me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
stephen (308) - California, USA - JUL 30, 2002
On tap at Barleys in Knoxville, TN. Not much purple in the color - I would have thought that if they used actual raspberries more color would come throught. Flavor seemed slightly fake but this beer is easy drinking. Not much else to say except this is a pretty weak beer.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 3, 2002
Light bodied, fake raspberry aroma,surupy nasty sour raspberry flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - JUN 13, 2002
UPDATED: APR 8, 2003 I'm not sure if the upped the dosage, but whereas I don't recall much raspberry last time, it seems blatant now and dare I say it seems like real raspberry. It just seems to lack anything else. It's described as a wheat beer but it's filtered and says it's brewed as a lager. Sours in the aftertaste.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
VA Homebrewer (525) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - JUN 10, 2002
Mmm...raspberry candy in my beer! Nose is raspberry candy and the start is that same artificially flavored candy taste. Yes, the finish is dry, but it doesnít make up for that horrid initial splash on the tongue. Wheat beer? Looks more like PBR.