overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1241   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57   EST. CALORIES: 142   ABV: 4.75%
Abita Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added during secondary fermentation. Subtle coloration, fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - AUG 5, 2004
I love this beer and I am once again shocked by he overall crtical opinion. A lot of people seem to like heavy beer and bitter beer. Myself I like something refreshing and tasty. While I like astout or a porter as much as anyone I love fruit and Wheat beers. This one the best fruit beers out there, great bottle too. It smells, looks, and tastes great. Not too sweet but enough to really add a great flavor. This is excelent beer and I can tell the fruit used is real (unlike liney) and not fruit flavor.

juliette_27 (6) - Hagerstown, Maryland, USA - DEC 4, 2013 does not count
Abita really set themselves apart with this one. Not your average wheat brew with the incorporation of the rasberrys. You can taste the fruit, but not to the degree that it makes the beer to sweet, and they are not overbearing. Purple Haze really does it for me.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - OCT 6, 2002
Seriously, Iím rating this beer this higly because it is just that good. It is my favorite beer and I think you should give it a shot. Itís a wheat beer (Golden to be exact), so donít expect a very robust taste. It has an added rasberry flavor to it, which I found a bit unnerving before I tried it but very appealing after my first sip. One problem, however, is the inconsistancy with the brew. Sometimes it has a lighter rasberry flavor, and sometimes it has a much more present rasberry flavor. If you donít like it the first time you try it, try it again a month or so later and you might have a brew from a different batch. The batches from the kegs tend to have a much more present rasberry taste and a smoother feel to it. But to put it succinctly, Iíll order this beer anytime I see it in a bar.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Ambrose (141) - East Aurora, New York, USA - MAR 29, 2007
Drinking this beer is like drinking ambrosia. It is pure bliss. I think I want to have an afair with this beer and runaway to Fiji or the Maldives. I dont know.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
bierbairn (8) - - MAY 28, 2012 does not count
Purple Haze is nice and light and definitely my favorite Abita beer. Smooth with a crisp afterbite and a fruity finish, this is better than drinking Magnerís

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
365daysabeer (4) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 29, 2010 does not count
Great overall beer. The raspberries are never overbearing, just add a touch of flavor at the end. Pairs well with most anything.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jQbe11 (4) - - JUL 5, 2012 does not count
..................................................

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
berlot99 (17) - USA - SEP 24, 2001
This is a refreshing beer in summer after you have eaten lunch and you can sit back and rest in the shade. You canít drink to much before getting tired of it but it is a nice change of pace.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
izeigler (7) - kinston, North Carolina, USA - NOV 27, 2011 does not count
I actually really enjoy this brew. It isnít overwhelmingly fruity. You can definitely taste the raspberries but it tastes just right. Its name describes exactly how it looks.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mynameisjonas (206) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - APR 6, 2006
very good flavor. nice rasberry kick to it. overall a good beer. even non-beer drinkers like the flavor