overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1311   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 142   ABV: 4.75%
Abita Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added during secondary fermentation. Subtle coloration, fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mynameisjonas (206) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - APR 6, 2006
very good flavor. nice rasberry kick to it. overall a good beer. even non-beer drinkers like the flavor

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
yichris01 (4) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 21, 2012 does not count
One of the most UNDERRATED beers IMO.... low ACL. % but its light and tastes good... I donít believe in fruiting my beer, but if its done in the brewery, I donít mind :)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
chillman (3) - California, USA - JUN 8, 2012 does not count
A fantastic session or summer beer. The raspberry is subtle yet delicious, this beer is light and smooth. Yes, it is 4.2% and its not an IPA so everyone on here hates it but if you are not stuck inside of a box do yourself a favor and try this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DHeubs (9) - Yonkers, New York, USA - JAN 5, 2007 does not count
I love this stuff!! Itís a great tasting beer with a unique and pleasant appearance. It finished with no aftertaste. This is a simple and light beer thatís great when youíre eating bar food or just having a few.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
emancomeith (8) - - FEB 20, 2011 does not count
I enjoyed this beer and gave it a high rating,but to be honest I probably wont buy this again.I loved the colors in this.The raspberry taste was week but-give this a try

quinndave88 (19) - Indiana, USA - AUG 11, 2013
Poured from a bottle into an icy mug. I actually really liked this, despite the fact that I hate fruity beers. Nice, light taste. Pours cloudy with a faint purple color. I didnít notice any floating sediment in my glass. I donít know if Iíd drink more than one of these at a time, but Iíll definetly buy another single...Oberon it is not.

Sirmixsomewhat (173) - Paoli, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 10, 2015
The most recognizable thing about this beer is how smooth it finishes. It tastes sweet and smells like vanilla, but it drinks so easily that it can be consumed in big gulps to really enjoy all of its flavor at once.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
PlinyDad1952 (112) - - JUN 14, 2015
COOL NAME THIS BEERS AND I LIKE SANTANA; AND I THINK THE LABLE LOOKS COOL TO. I DONT LIKE FRUIT BEERS BUT THIS WONE TASTED GOOD. STILL HAVE BEER FLAYVER NOT TO MUCH RAZBERRY OR PURPLE TASTE IN IT. PURPLE HAZE BRINGS ME BACK TOO WOODSíTOCK ; OR THE GOOD OLD DOG DAYS LIKE I LIKE TO CALL IT. LET ME TELL YOU WE HAD SOME CRAZEY TIMES THEN DRUNK WISKEY LONG LONG BEFORE I FOUND CRAFT BEERS (OUVIUSLY BEFORE PLINY WAS INVENTED ((ITS THE BEST BEERIN THE EARTH) BUTT PURPLE HAZE IS GOOD. I CAN CARE LESS TOO DRINK THIS ONE. 2 THUMBS UP

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mrcjo25 (1) - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - JUL 21, 2015 does not count
amber, red, cloudy, white foam, light sweetness, light body, average carbonation. I liked the raspberry smell and taste to it. Not a strong flavor, but went well with some chocolate. Overall, itís a good dessert or summer type beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
gnoff (9430) - MŲlndal, SWEDEN - OCT 18, 2015
Draught at Frankieís Pizza, Sydney, on October 17, 2015.
Golden color, white head. Raspberry taste, sweet, fresh. Medium mouthfeel, low bitterness. Raspberry aftertaste. Fresh, raspberry, fruity scent.