overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1241   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57   EST. CALORIES: 142   ABV: 4.75%
Abita Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added during secondary fermentation. Subtle coloration, fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
yichris01 (4) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 21, 2012 does not count
One of the most UNDERRATED beers IMO.... low ACL. % but its light and tastes good... I donít believe in fruiting my beer, but if its done in the brewery, I donít mind :)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
chillman (3) - California, USA - JUN 8, 2012 does not count
A fantastic session or summer beer. The raspberry is subtle yet delicious, this beer is light and smooth. Yes, it is 4.2% and its not an IPA so everyone on here hates it but if you are not stuck inside of a box do yourself a favor and try this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DHeubs (9) - Yonkers, New York, USA - JAN 5, 2007 does not count
I love this stuff!! Itís a great tasting beer with a unique and pleasant appearance. It finished with no aftertaste. This is a simple and light beer thatís great when youíre eating bar food or just having a few.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
emancomeith (8) - - FEB 20, 2011 does not count
I enjoyed this beer and gave it a high rating,but to be honest I probably wont buy this again.I loved the colors in this.The raspberry taste was week but-give this a try

quinndave88 (19) - Indiana, USA - AUG 11, 2013
Poured from a bottle into an icy mug. I actually really liked this, despite the fact that I hate fruity beers. Nice, light taste. Pours cloudy with a faint purple color. I didnít notice any floating sediment in my glass. I donít know if Iíd drink more than one of these at a time, but Iíll definetly buy another single...Oberon it is not.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ayumbomb (63) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 28, 2005
Like most flavored beers, this beer has been spat upon over and over, yet once again, Purple Haze does what itís supposed to (and quite well I must say) Itís a raspberry beer, not a worthless "bitch beer," but I real beer with a great taste, and it has a great look to it, worthy of its name and a lot more respect.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 18/20
BeeriedEyed (211) - USA - NOV 10, 2010
UPDATED: JAN 12, 2011 This beer gets a lot of bad rep but it is in fact a very great beer that holds its own weight. Hopefully more people can realize that if its light color it can still be full of taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MorganBaughman (147) - Long Beach, Mississippi, USA - JUL 15, 2012
Purple Haze was the first Abita beer I ever tried. It may have a purple hue from its star ingredient, raspberries, and you may even find a bit of pulp floating in your glass. Fruity, and tart but sweet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 16/20
ashleysp916 (10) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 5, 2013
This beer was also one of those that I ordered with my boyfriend out of a whim at a bar during one Thirsty Thursday. It had a great aroma and an even better taste, with what I thought were pieces of raspberry floating around in the bottle--or maybe I was just too drunk. Whatever the case, Purple Haze has my seal of approval. Now, íscuse me while I kiss the sky.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
steelhead3686 (242) - Athens, Ohio, USA - JAN 4, 2011
Pours golden brown with a small white head. Smells like raspberry and wheat like the name says which is a welcome difference from some fruit beer that doesnít carry the aroma of itís name. Thereís a balanced sweet taste with a touch of better in the finish. The palate is refreshing like a cider and would go over well at a cook out. This is a refreshing beer and would be a good last call beer if youíve had a few duds at the pub.