overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 452   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.83   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Ripe, red Louisiana strawberries are harvested at the peak of the season in the early morning chill. The scent of the juicy red Ponchatoula berries fills the air as they’re picked and pressed for Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager. The end result is a light, crisp lager with just a hint of strawberry sweetness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
bleeng (1510) - Houston nowhere near Beersel, Texas, USA - APR 18, 2008
12 oz bottle. Hazy yellow, cloudy, carbonated with little head. Huge strawberry nose. Taste is not as huge as the nose, very carbonated. No hop or malt profile. One is enough.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Narnad (1458) - Wonder Lake, Illinois, USA - APR 15, 2008
Pours a cloudy light yellow with a big white head that diminishes leaving a little lacing on the side. Finer carbonation can be seen as well as felt in the tasting. The aroma is pretty much only of strawberry. Flavor is a very well rounded not overpowering strawberry flavor and only a slight watered down malt taste at the start. To me, the flavor of the strawberry is similar to the flavor in the cereal Frankenberry. Overall an interesting beer that isn’t annoyingly overdone in the flavor department. I could see having this again maybe once a year but not any more often.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cletus (6354) - Connecticut, USA - APR 14, 2008
Pours amber with a white head. Possesses a lot of the fake fruit aroma and taste of their other fruit beers. Crisp finish. Nothing special.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MadCityMac (2) - Deerfield, Wisconsin, USA - APR 13, 2008 does not count
Just the slightest flavor of strawberries; nothing sickeningly sweet such as Leinie’s Berry Weiss. A good sipping beer on the couch with my girlfriend on a Saturday night.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
keghead (15) - USA - APR 12, 2008
I bought this for my wife who enjoys fruit flavored beers and I tried it and must admit I liked it. Cloudy yellow pour with the smell of fresh strawberry. Moderate strrawberry taste with good mouthfeel and nice finish. Surprised me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
patrick767 (3566) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - APR 12, 2008
bottle - The schnozberries taste like schnozberries! I had to say it. I’ve written enough reviews where I state the blindingly obvious and I’m going to do so again. Yep, this beer smells and tastes of strawberries. It pours slightly hazy yellow with a one finger head. The strawberries aren’t overpowering, but the beer they’ve been added to is quite light so it doesn’t take much to dominate the flavor. It has a light body and is fairly refreshing. Not bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Hollywoodt (239) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - APR 10, 2008
Poured a hazy golden color. The aroma was slightly of kind of sour strawberry. The flavor was malty, and had just a hint of the strawberry. Good carbonation. It wasn’t bad... I’d have it again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
SuperDave (1932) - Beautiful Sunny Mesa, Arizona, USA - APR 9, 2008
I normally enjoy an occasional fruit beer, but this on just didn’t work for me. It was truly like drinking a strawberry soda, minus the sugar.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheDutchman (19) - Louisiana, USA - APR 6, 2008
This has a great strawberry aroma although it doesn’t look as refreshing as it actually is. It’s a touch watery I wish it had a little more bite to it. I drank a six pack of these in one evening trying to decide if I lied it or not and ended up half drunk without realizing it. Goes down very easy. I couldn’t drink them all the time but for the length of time it is around each year I can see myself drinking a few each year.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
jstrott (9) - Georgia, USA - APR 6, 2008 does not count
Strawberry flavor is definitely present, but doesn’t quite mix well with the beerness. Smells great, but not a good combination