overall

RATINGS: 120   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Ace Joker Cider is a new premium Champagne like cider produced by The California Cider Company (CCC). Light in color with a 8% alcohol content, this delicious addition to our foray of ciders can be tried on tap at our pub, Ace-in-the-Hole, or from 22oz bottles. The Joke is on us! Ace Cider is gluten free!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Rodriguez (264) - Quito, ECUADOR - OCT 7, 2012
Pale, almost transparent, draft, it is my first cider and I think it was perfect, very drinkable. Even it is a hard cider, for me it was a little soft. Will start to try more cider, definetively

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Nugget (30) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAR 28, 2008
I am not going to go into further detail about the flavor profile of this cider. All I have to say is that itís an amazing cheap and tasty alternative to white or sparkling wine (or even other ciders). Nice and dry, yet still very fruity, 8%, and it costs less than $4 a bomber. It may not compare to world-class BEER but if you can call what La Face Cachee de la Pomme does "cider," Ace Joker doesnít deserve to be kicked around as much as it has been here.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
krisolson (57) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JUN 21, 2012
This is a really good beer. Really easy to drink. Smooth flavor and nice after taste. Ace really does taste like champagne and like champagne you only want to have 1 or 2.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
madvike (2759) - Middleton, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 23, 2011
Bottle - Cascading bubbles rise from the pale clear yellow body to form a small foamy white head. Aroma is white wine, muted green apple, and a little pear. Very dry. The taste brings to mind champagne, with a touch of tart, dry apple throughout. The white wine character is still there and some red apple sweetness comes through on the finish. Tart and quenching, itís actually fairly substantial in the mouth, with champagne-like carbonation biting a bit. Iím really surprised this one is getting beat up so much. Admittedly I donít have many cider ratings, and I may look at this one and laugh someday, but I quite enjoyed this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jstraw (1929) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 14, 2012
Yellow-gold with no head / Stylish, lightly sweet, nose of apple, grapes, and corn, with a hint of barnyard / Medium body, steely, resinous, and mostly dry with just a hint of sugar / Clean flavors of green apple brandy, pear, resin, and hay / Not really champagne-like, but a fine American cider.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
redlight (2317) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 18, 2007
Apple skins, granny smith apples, sour apple jolly ranchers. Pours clear with a slight yellow tint. Sweet and sour apples, apple skin, dry, very wine like, pinot grigio. Very different from most ciders iíve had. Just slightly sparkling.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
magsinva (879) - Virginia, USA - AUG 26, 2011
Tap at green man - pours a pale pale green yellow with a slight white head. Aroma is a light green apple, crust, cinnamon. Taste is a dry sweetly sour. They remind me of diluted green apple jolly ranchers. Palate is bright, bubbly note with lingering dryness. Better than I was expecting! Would get again on tap.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
doubleo (1433) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 30, 2008
On-tap at the Ace in-the-hole Pub in Sebastopol. Pours clearish green yellow, no head. Smells of faint apples. Tastes appley and slight rotten. Dry, thin body, fizzy carbonation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Nsanders (518) - St Paul, Minnesota, USA - AUG 6, 2011
Very light yellow, looks a little thicker than some of the other ciders. Smells dry and wine-like. Tastes tart and dry. This drank like a dry apple based wine really, good summer drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brigadier (3015) - Clevelandish, Ohio, USA - JUN 10, 2012
12 ounce bottle
I canít put my finger on it but I am beginning to think ciders are not a style I like very much. While this one is not bad I just feel that I would rather be drinking an IPA, Belgian, or other lighter weight beer. Even so thanks to whomever sent it my way.

Aroma / Appearance - The transparent body and stark white head are both fairly predictable for a cider. Tart sour apples hit the senses with a mission. It smells like sticking your nose into a plate full of warm applesauce.

Flavor / Palate - Tart and ripe Granny Smith apples are the primary focus. A dry finish has vinous aspects but after a few sips I find myself thinking about what to open next. Despite being a refreshing option for a long holiday weekend I donít think Iíll be seeking out more ciders any time soon.