RATINGS: 586   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
wbright10 (21) - - JAN 3, 2015
Bottle. Sweet with raisiny dry finish. Full bodied flavor with notes of dates, raisins, and dried fruit. Smooth, but packs a wallop. Good for celebrations.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
strap (612) - Seoul, SOUTH KOREA - DEC 29, 2014
On draft at a hotel in Paris. Light caramel color with minimal head. A bit of Christmassy spices. Slight alcohol burn. Not bad

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Gerardgathier (512) - - DEC 27, 2014
Currently I am updating my ratebeer with al the beers I drank but was too lazy to rate at the time. I give the scores I gave back than. If I drink the beers again I might re-rate them.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Kyle77 (42) - North Carolina, USA - DEC 21, 2014
From site: For the season we offer you our best wishes and especially delicious Ale. Rich and dark like our Dubbel. Sumptuous and smooth like our Tripel. Enjoy. Very creamy. Syrupy, cherry. Just not my style of beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
freretoc (1288) - Besançon, FRANCE - DEC 21, 2014
Bue à la pression en 25cl dans un bar à Besançon, couleur abricot, peu de mousse et peu d’effervescence, une bière avec une petite attaque sur le fruit jaune et fin de bouche sur l’épice passable.

Kita (1594) - Koper, SLOVENIA - DEC 21, 2014
Draught at Pizzeria Kariš, Pesek, Italy. Pours clear ruby brown with thin creamy tan-like head and sparkling appearance. Aroma of yeast, dark fruits, spices, caramel and alcohol. Taste starts with moderate sweet caramel malt and burnt sugar, follows by fruity and yeasty esters, spicy and warming alcoholic mouthfeel and mild bitter finish. Full body, thick texture and lively natural carbonation in palate. Typical Christmas ale, good without any flaws...

slowrunner77 (7864) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 17, 2014
"spicy aroma and a dried fruit/spicy palate...dry finish. medium to full mouthfeel. overall, one of my favorite winter ales from abroad. highly recommended. 12/09-a year old bottle had a far more noticeable vanilla character to it and more subtle spices. same score. nice beer."

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
generallee08 (764) - New York, USA - SEP 16, 2014
The body has a deep coppery amber color with bright reddish/orange highlights. On top sits a long standing light tan head. A small cap of foam hangs on till the very last sip and makes for some good lacing on the glass. It has a big sweet character with loads of yeast and tropical fruit notes. It has a wonderful mix of toasted malt, Belgian sugar, bready and yeast notes with sweet tropical and dried fruits mixed in. There is a mild peppery warmth from the alcohol as well. I get a little more dry spice and maybe a slight touch of hops in the finish which is still carries some sweetness. This all comes by a smooth easy drinking medium to full body.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
miquelcrush (1935) - Granollers, SPAIN - JUN 29, 2014
Bona cervesa, es bastant equilibrada i gustosa. Buena cerveza, es bastante equilibrada y sabrosa.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
TXBadger (2077) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 23, 2014
Pours a nice dark brown color with off-white head. Dark fruits, raisins, and spice on the nose; follows onto the palate. Finishes with a nice sweetness.