overall

RATINGS: 582   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%

oldrtybastrd's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
oldrtybastrd (3222) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - MAR 20, 2012
Pours a hazy medium orangish amber color. Aroma is lightly malty, hoppy, yeasty, with a touch of fruit. Flavor is a nice mixture of malts and fruits.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Oscbert (1075) - Sacramento, California, USA - JAN 29, 2015
Strong malty aroma, caramel, raisin, and chocolate with bread and prune. Light clove and nutmeg Pours a murky amberish brown with small wispy head. Big Co2 bubbles visible More spice in flavor than aroma. Lots of malt as well, bread, caramel and raisin Medium bodied with medium high co2. Sweet and dry finish Enjoyable beer. Well balanced, not overly complex. Would go good with a hearty meal ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
PapaSkeetSkeet (926) - Providence, Rhode Island, USA - JAN 9, 2015
UPDATED: JAN 10, 2015 On draught at English Cellar Alehouse. Cloudy light brown. Head was completely gone by the time it reached me. Aroma is spiced raisin bread. Light caramel. Flavor of caramelized banana, light apple and cherry juice. Hint of bread crust. Watery-syrupy body with light soft carbonation. A decent Noel with more of a soft/reserved flavor profile and a smack of banana.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Bebum (361) - - JAN 9, 2015
Light copper, slightly hazy. Mid-full body, well flavored, alcoholic heat and taste, silky texture, good length. Bitter, not too dry. Pleasant and rich, not as many flavors as I hoped for. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Thisis12ptfont (890) - Los Angeles, CA, California, USA - JAN 6, 2015
Nice malty aroma dark fruits, molasses, sugared caramel, Belgian candi sugar and Belgian yeast. Appears a dark brown with tons of head. Taste is nice with notes of sugary raisin overtones, molasses, plums, prune juice, caramel, subtle toffee and Belgian candi sugar. Finishes sweet with a nice dark fruit sweetness. Overall, Nice balance but not anything spectacular. A- rating.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ADesenberg (662) - Ohio, USA - JAN 4, 2015
Draft: Wasnt a huge fan of this...but Im curious what it would be like with some time on it. Would like to try it again sometime. Had too much dark fruit for me...although I suppose I should have anticipated it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Chadski4 (139) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JAN 3, 2015
Interesting but not very impressive. Plum, spices and cola flavors. Lively carbonation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
wbright10 (21) - - JAN 3, 2015
Bottle. Sweet with raisiny dry finish. Full bodied flavor with notes of dates, raisins, and dried fruit. Smooth, but packs a wallop. Good for celebrations.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
strap (496) - Seoul, SOUTH KOREA - DEC 29, 2014
On draft at a hotel in Paris. Light caramel color with minimal head. A bit of Christmassy spices. Slight alcohol burn. Not bad

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Gerardgathier (458) - - DEC 27, 2014
Currently I am updating my ratebeer with al the beers I drank but was too lazy to rate at the time. I give the scores I gave back than. If I drink the beers again I might re-rate them.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Kyle77 (22) - North Carolina, USA - DEC 21, 2014
From site: For the season we offer you our best wishes and especially delicious Ale. Rich and dark like our Dubbel. Sumptuous and smooth like our Tripel. Enjoy. Very creamy. Syrupy, cherry. Just not my style of beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone