overall

RATINGS: 1113   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Our flagship beer is based on a turn-of-the-century recipe that quenched the thirst of miners during the Klondike Gold Rush. Smooth and richly malty, this altbier goes well with any meal.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - MAR 1, 2003
Nice malty alt. Wonderful dark amber color. Sweet toffee malt kept lively by the somewhat prickly carbonation. I thought it was going to veer into overly sweet territory, but a nice dry hoppyness kept it in check and provided only enought balance - I wouldn't want this any hoppier for the style. (thanks jsquire)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
supermikeyb (43) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - FEB 23, 2003
The beer I'm always asked about. I finally had a pint out in CA. I have to agree with the majority of the people I've talked to...it is very good. A nice malty sweet nose, good rich mouthfeel. I am very impressed. Reminds me of a Full Sail Amber

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerbumble (42) - Reno, Nevada, USA - FEB 21, 2003
Great color, with good amount and color of head. Smells great. Nice smooth amber taste. Great beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Oristo (67) - Orinda, California, USA - FEB 17, 2003
Significant disappointment. It was very light in the nose and the finish. It's look was better than it's bite (or lack thereof). Very light hops, very light finish, sweet and uneventful. Probably the last six-pack of the stuff I buy.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - FEB 8, 2003
Certainly enjoyable, but rather plain. For being billed as a mega-malty beer, this didn't meet expectations. It certainly went well with Thai food, although I don't think I'd seek it out. One thing I noticed is that each time, after tasting it and swallowing it, it developed this crescendo of, for lack of better words, an acidic burn that was somewhat citric in nature. Weird.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
schm1005 (151) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 24, 2003
Amber color with reddish tones and pretty much no head on this beer. Aroma was very low, just a little malt aroma. The flavor has malty sweetness and a slight alcohol flavor. The palate is mile yet the aftertaste is satisfying. Medium bodied beer that is a staple for West Coasters.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Verne (262) - Enumclaw, Washington, USA - JAN 20, 2003
Malt over hops as it should be, malt aroma is to mild as is the flavor. The body is about right. Overall a boring beer but a good one

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 20, 2003
A very enjoyable all around amber. I liked this one alot. Goes down very easily and is available in alot of places.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
CAmes (32) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - JAN 15, 2003
This is what I ask for when I want a "light" beer. Enjoyable, easy drinking, and quality.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 10, 2003
A good beer. There was a nice nutty taste to the beer. Nice color and pour. Great on tap.