overall

RATINGS: 1122   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Our flagship beer is based on a turn-of-the-century recipe that quenched the thirst of miners during the Klondike Gold Rush. Smooth and richly malty, this altbier goes well with any meal.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2002
Great for a beer that you can find almost anywhere in the NW. Nice amber color, thick, almost syruppy feel to it. A bit too sweet for my liking though.

2far2care99 (4) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUL 22, 2002 does not count

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Zach Diesel (906) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - JUL 14, 2002
Can’t picture anyone in Alaska drinking this one but I’m not the biggest altbier fan. p.s. wish I had another Jamaica Red Ale

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
herbstress3 (221) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUL 8, 2002
I think this is the most over-rated beer. Good color but very dry and doesn’t leave a necessarily good taste in your mouth. If you like macro beer you’ll probably like this. Don’t get too excited though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Sickboy282 (1115) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 21, 2002
This tastes just like the golden pale, but with a bit more of a smoked finish. The aftertaste of this one as well as the pale, was horrible. I was expecting much more. I will have to try the stout before I put this brewery out of my sights.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 18, 2002
Light copper color. Nicely balanced aroma of malt and fruity hops. Nicely hopped, bitterness carries into the palate. Just a touch of malty sweetness. Nice brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gregory (357) - Pullman, Washington, USA - MAY 27, 2002
Probably my favorite beer. Definately the one I missed when I was outside of the great northwest. Wonderfully malty, comlex. Get flavors, of caramel, toffee, roasted malts, nuts, rich, nice sweetness, with just a hint of hops to finish off. Outstanding beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
jbak (111) - Torrington, Connecticut, USA - MAY 5, 2002
A little too sweet for my liking, though not an awful beer. Nice big head, good color just not a flavor I love, too sweet.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
HH (165) - Everett, Washington, USA - APR 15, 2002
Has everything going for it ’cept MY taste buds. I thought it finished way too sweet. Was barely able to choke down the whole bottle. IMO the Pale is a far better brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Tom Servo (424) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - APR 13, 2002
A real beauty. Has a great coloring, and a pretty good head. Goes down smooth, and is pretty sweet.