overall

RATINGS: 1124   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Our flagship beer is based on a turn-of-the-century recipe that quenched the thirst of miners during the Klondike Gold Rush. Smooth and richly malty, this altbier goes well with any meal.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ChrisBeest (43) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - FEB 18, 2002
I found that I really enjoyed this beer with it’s smooth taste and mild hoppy taste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
gtreptow99 (15) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - FEB 15, 2002
I was in Oregon for the first time this week and ended up in Newport. I heard my co-workers raving about this beer and ordered 2 with my hailbut meal. WOW, WOW, WOW. Excellent is an understatement. If I had to drink a beer for the rest of my life it would be this one. Smooooth.... A must have. Too bad the only export to the Northwestern Region as far as I know.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
snowman99 (1) - USA - FEB 8, 2002 does not count
Beauty color and head. The brewers are really great guys!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ttboy8099 (73) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - FEB 7, 2002
The beer that go me started on micro’s, still one of my faves.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
BarePaw (148) - Pullman, Washington, USA - FEB 2, 2002
A decent beer, but not my favorite. It is a very smooth beer with a very mild flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
P-tor44 (886) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JAN 28, 2002
fairly mild aroma, copperish color with a quickly disipating head. mild and sour with an acidic hop bite throughout.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
boto (1891) - Granby, Connecticut, USA - JAN 27, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 15, 2003 Draught: A rich mahogonay color. A decent malty aroma with a bit of citrus. Flavor is malty without being sweet. A hint of roastiness. Slightly bitter finish. Another fine Northwestern brewery. I have enjoyed this an a few trips to the Seattle area. Even with all the choices out there, it is still a beer I come back to.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Delbomber (387) - Philadelphia, USA - JAN 20, 2002
Beautiful copper body beneath a thin, bone head, with an aroma highlighted by a roasty, dark-fruit scent supported by earthy hops. Crisp and refreshing, medium-bodied, touched by sweet maltiness that complements the burnt caramel, toffee, wheat, orange rind, mango and moderate hops flavors. Weak hop finish is a bit disappointing, with a characteristic corn sweetness found in most North American macros; otherwise rather enjoyable. Hard to believe this is my first new beer of 2002...thanks to Fishman for this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
fishman (350) - Philadelphia, USA - JAN 3, 2002
Originally rated 7/2/01: Had this on a trip to Seattle, what a treat. I wish I could get it back east. RERATE 01/02/02: Finally managed to get some from a friend in WA. Very smooth with a medium body. Nice sweet malt and mildly hopped aroma, with some caramel notes. Stays smooth and doesn’t bitter much on the finish. I could drink this all day, and now that I can, I think I will.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
AceOfHearts (1375) - Mountain View, California, USA - JAN 1, 2002
I started drinking this on the tail end of a summer in Anchorage. Very complex taste of hops, malts that somehow mixes together in a good, hearty combination. I can’t really think of another beer to compare it to, it’s rather unique. Try some if you’re in the northwest USA.