overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 91   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A gluten-free Belgian-inspired Saison made with sorghum. Lightly spiced with a crisp hoppy finish. Celia Saison" Is inspired by the rustic farmhouse ales of Belgium. The spicy flavor of the sorghum is complimented by the unique characteristics of our Belgium yeast, and additions of Curacao orange peel and Celia hops. We proudly offer you this award winning ale, and we warmly welcome you back into the world of beer drinking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BroSpud (1666) - , Massachusetts, USA - JUN 11, 2012
12oz bottle. A light golden color with no head whatsoever.The pour and look is like apple juice. I tend to stay away from gluten free beer but I am a big fan of The Alchemist so figured it was worth a try. Still not a fan of the non-gluten but this is by far the best one Iíve tried. Probably deserves a higher rating but I need me my gluten.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
auerbrau (3147) - Peace Dale, Rhode Island, USA - MAY 30, 2012
12oz Bottle, purchased at the Brattleboro Food Coop - Brattleboro, VT. I want to be nice to this, because I know how difficult the gluten-free brewing conditions can be, but I also want to be somewhat objective. The aroma isnít helping. This smells like a hospital bathroom. Itís insanely chemical and strong. Part fermented sorghum (and I know how disgusting baijiu is), part too much orange, part really catty, pungent hops. The flavors are somehow more doable.The orange is less like cleaning solution, the hops take on a cleaner bitterness, and the sorghum settles into a softer grain character. However, itís still harsh, strong, and out of whack. If I were celiac, Iíd be switching to tequila after this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
AirForceHops (2948) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 24, 2012
12 oz. bottle from Julioís Liquorsí. Great eye appeal in the tulip. Lightly cloudy gold with just the slightest thin, bubbly head that remained after a huge fizzle, die down. Delicious nose of orange zest and a hint of flower hops. I didnít even know what sorghum is and had to Google it. My 1st gluten free brew. After finishing, I did notice a graininess flavor that was a bit different from anything I had in a beer. However, not a bad thing. Light lingering hops. This won a Gold Medal in the gluten free category for a reason. Light, refreshing and well worth a try if you like Saisons.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MaBeer1972 (1262) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 24, 2012
A light orange brew. Loose white head. Bubbly carbonation. Aroma is of spice and dark oranges. Flavor is wonderfully complex of bitter orange and spicy hops. Medium body. Very tasty. Finish is long and lingering bitterness with tart apple notes. Very interesting. My first gluten-free tasting. I think Ratebeer should have a seperate gluten-free category.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
AdamJackson (2344) - Enfield, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 20, 2012
Picked up a 4-Pack from the Alchemist Cannery on Thursday. My GF loves Gluten Free beers and Saisons. Poured into a Hill Farmstead Glass.

A - Holy moly. This beer is GORGEOUS! SRM of 12. Deep bright and clear golden orange. This beer is BEAUTIFUL. I had to take a photo. No head on the pour.

S - Honeysuckle, flowers, fresh cut grass and a huge orange presence. Very zesty and covers up the sorghum smell well.

T - Oranges is what you get first and thereís almost a cough syrup taste. LIke cherry cough syrup. mellow finish of sorghum and lemons.

M - 50/50 carbonation on the mouth swish. Light body and semi-dry finish.

O - This is an okay beer. The only other gluten beer Iíve head is DFH Tweasonale and this is certainly better but not fantastic. Glad I donít have allergies that keep me from drinking other beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Reynolds314 (2228) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 15, 2012
Hey its a gluten free beer what do you expect. Pours a pale yellow/grey with seltzer fizz head. Aroma is light orange tang and hay. Taste Is orange seltzer and that strange sorgham taste present in gluten free beers. Finish is clean and refreshing. I was hoping for more of the saison yeast element to this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ernesto987 (3526) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 13, 2012
Saison type aromas. Off thin water flavor withstrong apple flavors. Tastes more like a cider than a beer but whatever, I donít have gluten issue. Gimme gluten!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
thornecb (4292) - Marblehead, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 9, 2012
Pours gold into a shaker. Caramel and sour pit fruit aromas. Sweet sorghum upfront turning to mandarin in the sour lasting finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
pete4999 (992) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JUL 4, 2011
On tap at the brewpub in Waterbury, VT. Iím quite surprised to see that it has such low ratings, because I thought it was arguably the best beer that I had at the brewpub (and I ordered multiple of it). Poured a nice bright yellow gold with large (yet quickly dissipating) white head. Had a nice peppery flavor to it, with an almost flowery feel as well. Almost "dances" on the tongue, for lack of a better term. Perhaps I was there when they had a great batch on tap...I really liked it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jcwattsrugger (11071) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - JUN 24, 2011
UPDATED: JUN 23, 2012 on tap-pours a dissipating off white head and cloudy orange color. Aroma is grapefruit/lemon/perfumy, light malt. Taste is pepper/spice/grassy, lemon/perfumy hops, light malt, some yeast. Probably the best gluten free beer Iíve had. 3.6******************* *120621-12oz bottle @Tampa Weekly thanks GatorGuy92-pours yellow/gold with a white ring. Aroma is yeast, spice, light malt. Taste follows with some perfumy phenols. Not the same beer I had on tap at the brewpub, not even close. 2.4 Will leave the original score, just updating here for my notes.