overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 90   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A gluten-free Belgian-inspired Saison made with sorghum. Lightly spiced with a crisp hoppy finish. Celia Saison" Is inspired by the rustic farmhouse ales of Belgium. The spicy flavor of the sorghum is complimented by the unique characteristics of our Belgium yeast, and additions of Curacao orange peel and Celia hops. We proudly offer you this award winning ale, and we warmly welcome you back into the world of beer drinking.

1.3
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
harrymel (1450) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 7, 2013
Gluten Free, made with sorghum. I’m excited for this given the advance of some sorghum beers lately (Widmer really did it right IMO) Bottled: unk Muddled apricot color with a fine light cream sheet of foam. Nice cloudy lace. Smells of flowers, coriander, clay, udder hand lotion, a hint of butter and some orange peel. The yeast is pretty intense in the nose. Flavor is heavily yeasty and has an almost mushy consistency for me, hard for me to get past the yeast here. Some medicinal character and black olive juice flavors. Boom, just realized why I dislike this beer - the yeast reminds me of Unibroue - nasty. Full thickness and slippery with a longer than desired finish for me. I am thankful to have had this, I am thankful to never likely have this again. Serving type: bottle 08-16-2012

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Scrapersnbeer (1439) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 8, 2013
So the Alchemist killed everything but the famed Heady Topper...and this strange thing. Weird grassy phenolic aroma. Moldy oranges abound. Sour, grainy and dry, gets all powdery on the finish. May be infected, but really I have no idea what’s going on. There’s no measuring stick.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
trevor211 (1298) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 9, 2012
Big vegetal notes in this one. Pours a hazy, hazy orange, tastes a little boozy, with some orange citrus. A nice saison, but nothing stellar.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MaBeer1972 (1246) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 24, 2012
A light orange brew. Loose white head. Bubbly carbonation. Aroma is of spice and dark oranges. Flavor is wonderfully complex of bitter orange and spicy hops. Medium body. Very tasty. Finish is long and lingering bitterness with tart apple notes. Very interesting. My first gluten-free tasting. I think Ratebeer should have a seperate gluten-free category.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
popery (1231) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 2, 2013
Pours a dark orange, brownish. Quite cloudy. Not much head kicked upon the initial pour, but I was able to kick some up with a few swirls. Small, dissipating head, beige in color - kinda yellow in an odd way. Not a ton of aroma. I’m picking up the orange peel. Some mildly gummy grain sweetness. The taste is rather clean for a gluten free beer, but there isn’t much character. Quite dry which probably helps avoid the off notes I’ve noticed in other sorghum beers. The orange peel is probably the strongest flavor, though there’s also some pepper to it. Touches of other spice as well, probably from the yeast. Mouthfeel is a touch gummy but better than almost any other gluten free that I’ve tried. This is decent but I expected more. I feel like the orange peel is covering flaws.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
patrickfannon (1230) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 10, 2012
Bottle. 12 oz. Courtesy of my buddy Mark at work. Thanks, Mark. Pours nice clear orange with a thin wisp of white head. Aroma of a band-aid drizzled with honey. Tastes like orange flavored plastic. You know, I just don’t feel this beer deserves the rest of my attention. It’s terrible. Listen to TerdFerg: stick to the Topper. That beer is beyond awesome. Cheers. And on a personal note, please stop with the goddamn gluten-free bullshit. If you’re allergic, don’t drink beer. You don’t see Reese’s making peanut-butter-free cups for people with peanut allergies. Take heed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rejtable (1143) - Ontario, CANADA - SEP 23, 2012
Pours cloudy orange with a quickly dissipating head. Aromas of peach, yeast, some apple, maybe a hint of lemon. Taste is sweet with a light bitter finish. Body is light. I don’t really get the bad reviews. I think his a decent, albeit reasonably simple, saison... Gluten or no gluten.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
walleye (1062) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - JAN 8, 2013
I am pretty sure this is my 1st gluten-free. poured a cloudy golden orange, with a nice sized white head that left some nice lacing. aroma sour orange, earthy, floral, citrus, yeast. flavor got pepper 1st thing, herbs, citrus, I don’t know what sorghum is suppose to taste like so the mystery flavor for me must be that . Good drinking beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
lesifflebiere (1036) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 12, 2013
Liquide mi-mince de couleur fauve, trouble et peu pétillant. Odeurs céréalières et disons campagnardes. Elle a beaucoup plus de caractère en bouche, malgré une introduction tranquille ; les saveurs vont des pêches au poivre, en passant par une amertume houblonnée bien pointue. Le tout est savoureux, intéressant, mais les arômes, au demeurant originaux, ne sont pas tout à fait au point.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
pete4999 (973) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JUL 4, 2011
On tap at the brewpub in Waterbury, VT. I’m quite surprised to see that it has such low ratings, because I thought it was arguably the best beer that I had at the brewpub (and I ordered multiple of it). Poured a nice bright yellow gold with large (yet quickly dissipating) white head. Had a nice peppery flavor to it, with an almost flowery feel as well. Almost "dances" on the tongue, for lack of a better term. Perhaps I was there when they had a great batch on tap...I really liked it.