Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 94   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A gluten-free Belgian-inspired Saison made with sorghum. Lightly spiced with a crisp hoppy finish. Celia Saison" Is inspired by the rustic farmhouse ales of Belgium. The spicy flavor of the sorghum is complimented by the unique characteristics of our Belgium yeast, and additions of Curacao orange peel and Celia hops. We proudly offer you this award winning ale, and we warmly welcome you back into the world of beer drinking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
punkska101 (1307) - Chambly, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 21, 2012
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2012 updated rating. 12 onz direct from the alchemist. A: orange peel, lemon, rustic character from the yeast. App: hazy blond with white head. T/p: light body with medium long acidic finish. moderate carbonation. O: good better than my first bottle

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
pete4999 (1295) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JUL 4, 2011
On tap at the brewpub in Waterbury, VT. I’m quite surprised to see that it has such low ratings, because I thought it was arguably the best beer that I had at the brewpub (and I ordered multiple of it). Poured a nice bright yellow gold with large (yet quickly dissipating) white head. Had a nice peppery flavor to it, with an almost flowery feel as well. Almost "dances" on the tongue, for lack of a better term. Perhaps I was there when they had a great batch on tap...I really liked it.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
patrickfannon (1242) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 10, 2012
Bottle. 12 oz. Courtesy of my buddy Mark at work. Thanks, Mark. Pours nice clear orange with a thin wisp of white head. Aroma of a band-aid drizzled with honey. Tastes like orange flavored plastic. You know, I just don’t feel this beer deserves the rest of my attention. It’s terrible. Listen to TerdFerg: stick to the Topper. That beer is beyond awesome. Cheers. And on a personal note, please stop with the goddamn gluten-free bullshit. If you’re allergic, don’t drink beer. You don’t see Reese’s making peanut-butter-free cups for people with peanut allergies. Take heed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
jbeatty (1215) - New York, USA - JUL 19, 2012
Bottle, 07/19/2012. Pours hazy orange amber, sparse large-bubbled head. Nose is citrus, oregano, grassy hop character, grain (sorghum I guess), and strange, light rubber character. Taste has zesty citrus and fruit, spice, bitter grains. Light, smooth body, very dry. Meh. It seems this one was better on tap?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
BiereLuc (1168) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - APR 28, 2013
Bière orangée avec une faible mousse. Nez levuré et fruité (agrumes, banane, poire). En bouche, des saveurs d’orange, de citron et de houblon frais s’amalgament à une légère amertume. Une belle saison sans gluten que j’ai pris plaisir à boire sans gêne.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
yiannnos (1164) - , CYPRUS - AUG 20, 2014
Bottle. Hazy orange colour. Herbal, medicinal aroma and flavour. Not very enjoyable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
scarletfire65 (1149) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 27, 2013
Bottle at home. Pours a deep orange, slightly hazy, average head. Aroma is pungent, with band aid, funk, citrus, coriander. Medium bodied, strong saison yeast profile, lots of coriander and black pepper, orange, and a big bitter finish. Crisp and pretty clean, maybe a twang of medicinal flavors. If not labeled as sorghum, I wouldn’t have thunk it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
walleye (1082) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - JAN 8, 2013
I am pretty sure this is my 1st gluten-free. poured a cloudy golden orange, with a nice sized white head that left some nice lacing. aroma sour orange, earthy, floral, citrus, yeast. flavor got pepper 1st thing, herbs, citrus, I don’t know what sorghum is suppose to taste like so the mystery flavor for me must be that . Good drinking beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
miyauchi38 (896) - chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 27, 2015
セゾン オレンジかシ&

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
bp (836) - New York, New York, USA - MAR 6, 2011
Draft at the brewpub back in Nov 2010: golden amber with a foamy white head, spicy aroma, sour tasting, some spices as well. Not a favorite of mine.