overall

RATINGS: 1126   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.23   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
An American Double IPA, packed with over 120 IBU!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
neuromatt (1154) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 23, 2013
16 oz can at a tasting at Gregís, served in a stem glass. Pours cloudy amber with a small white head that fades to a thin remnant, leaving behind a small amount of fine lace. The nose has nice floral hops, along with caramel malts, cookie and grapefruit. The flavour is balanced between moderately bitter piney hops and moderately sweet caramel malts. Flowers are present throughout. It finishes with a long, lingering bitterness with spice and grapefruit. On the palate, it is medium in body with a smooth, milky texture and soft carbonation. Overall, this is a very nice double IPA but I felt the finish to be a bit of a disappointment. 2012-09-15

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
rxeight (1310) - Illinois, USA - FEB 22, 2013
Cans thanks to Balto_MD. Very bitter. Lots of hops. Didnt get much malt on the back end to balance it out. This was a very good IIPA. Had it against the other top competitors. Up there not better.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Meilby (7609) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - FEB 22, 2013
Can 473cl @ Geokkjer
Pours hazy deep golden/copper with a off-white head. Aroma has notes of malt, caramel, citrus, grape, orange and peach. Taste is medium sweet and medium to heavy bitter with a long warm, citrus and tropical fruity finish. Body is full, texture is oily, carbonation is soft.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
yngwie (13555) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - FEB 22, 2013
Can, from trade with the little grumpy old Dane. A not-so-cute golden-orange beer with some floaties and a finger-thick off-white head leaving lacings. The aroma is really hop-driven, leaving little room for the malts. Peaches, pine cones, grapefruit peel, resins and some alcohol. Itís full-bodied and nicely carbonated, with some warmth. Nice bitterness, and lots of hoppy aromas. Sufficient amounts of malty sweetness blends in. Lasting finish with the hops dominating, and so much bitterness it leaves a feeling of having drank a dry beer. A rather wonderful beer. 130222

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Geokkjer (5720) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - FEB 22, 2013
Can. Pours golden with lots of floaties and a small white head. Aroma of floral, cheesy hops, some citrus and pine. Flavor is sweet and bitter with some floral and citrus hops and some malt and fruitiness. Medium body, average carbonation.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
artmcd8 (1610) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 20, 2013
UPDATED: DEC 5, 2013 Cans thanks to Balto_MD. Poured into a tulip even though it tells me to drink from the can. Huge pillowy white head. Pours a cloudy orange. Powerful grapefruity hops aroma. As the head dissipates it leaves a beautiful lacing along the glass. Much of the head lasts for some time. Slightly on the bitter side of balanced. This could be due to my pouring it into a glass (just read the can). Actually taking a swig from the can is slightly less bitter. Still an amazing beer that I am glad I got to try. The next three will be drank directly from the can, as it was intended!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
BPSports (8) - Massachusetts, USA - FEB 20, 2013 does not count
Is there anything better than a Heady Topper in a 16 ounce can?! I am not a hop-head, I like tasty hops. This is simply the tastiest. Citrus and pine flavors. Problem is, you have to drive up to Vermont to find it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Zeeben (36) - Goffstown, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 18, 2013
From the can as it should be. Huge floral hits after cracking the can. Love the citrus pulling through. The hops are well balanced for a double and it is a bit scary just how easy drinking this is. I'll go back again and again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
skibumphishead (259) - Massachusetts, USA - FEB 18, 2013
4 pack of 16oz cans that Eric brought back from VT for me. Thanks dude.... I will watch your dog anytime! It says to drink straight from the can (that is a faux pas in my house... and yes, I had to google-it to get the correct spelling!) I dumped this one into my Sam Smith nonick pint. It is a cloudy, pale orange pour with a short white head. The aroma is all citrus and a hint of fresh bread. Orange, grapefruit, and pineapple aromas dominate this one. The first sip is acidic and thirst quenching. The hop flavors are very strong, but not harsh at all. The flavors and carbonation are surprisingly soft. Whenever I pour a double IPA, I prepare myself for harsh hop oils to murder my mouth. This was soft and citrus-juicy-sweet from start to finish. The 8% is hidden even in the last cellar-temp sip... wow. This is a rare occasion where I try a beer after reading about it for a year+. This is hyped as much as Pliny, and after a fresh 4-pack... I know it is legit. I love this beer, I love that it is from VT, and I hope that this becomes as readily available as Budweiser in my lifetime.

Connorske (1) - Belmont, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 15, 2013 does not count
Heady Topper is the most drinkable DIPA Iíve ever had. Smooth and bitter, it makes you crave the next sip. The only roadblock to having enough is the ABV