overall

RATINGS: 1328   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.24   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
An American Double IPA, packed with over 120 IBU!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Rrauth (1196) - North Carolina, USA - JUL 9, 2013
Can. Thanks canon. Can't comment on appearance but upon opening it, it reminded me of opening a bag of hops but access able immediately. I just want to keep sucking it down which is the downside of leaving it in the can. You are in the habit of chugging canned beer. Must attempt clone of this. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

GranvilleTim (1778) - Granville, Illinois, USA - JUL 9, 2013
Thanks to Ben. Murky dirty orange pour with an off-white head. Aroma is hops-spicy. Taste is a mouthful of hop juice. Very tasty. Little creamy. Hop is flavorful but not overbearing. A Ver-montsterous of a beerI am so glad I finally got to try this. Costant hop mouthfeel. OK lacing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
conway (2021) - - JUL 8, 2013
Can. Poured a small amount to get a visual. Poured hazy gold with a thin white head. Aroma is huge citrusy and tropical hops with a touch of pine at the finish. Taste follows the same pattern with a strong malt backbone. Palate is rich and rounded but finishes with a prickly carb. This is just about perfect. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
adeezhop (42) - port jeff sta, Alabama, USA - JUL 7, 2013
Honestly a huge pain in the ass to get ur hands on this one !! But after having it one would understand why that is. Quite simply the finest ipa on this planet imo I drink ipa’s exclusively and it is sad too think I only have one of these left ! I know this is being called a dipa but imo more like an ipa the 8.0 abv is higher than what is considered a ipa. All in all wonderful grapefruit taste and a hop lovers dream it is the best I have had better than surly furious and at least a tick above lunch and jai alai. Simply delicious.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Marko (4301) - Split / Zagreb, CROATIA - JUL 6, 2013
Luttonm’s "special beer" at the tasting. Enormous thanks Matt! I seem to have forgot to note the appearance, damn. ?Cheese? maltiness and aroma hops in the nose, slightly sweet... The taste... orange, earthy/resinous as fuck, malty, light carramel (or was it carrot?), nice and sweet, with very light tart notes here and there... I did note the appearance it would seem, yay! - Murky golden. The earthy/tree sap/resin notes grew and grew and grew on me. Initially slightly underwhelmed, in the end I was a believer. Not your typical I2PA and all the better for it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
dgrp (7) - Quebec, CANADA - JUL 6, 2013 does not count
Thanks to a friend for the hook up. This Double IPA is currently my favorite to date. Drinking such a tasty beer from a can engulfs you with constant hits of citrusy, earthy and floral American hop flavors and aromas. The key to this beer is definitely "balance." All hops up front without being fussy or annoying in a very easy to drink package. Unfortunately it was so easy to drink I realized I’ve drank half of the can in no time. Heady Topper to me is a celebration of craft beers, a quality beer that has taste and aroma that should be drank and enjoyed as much as possible rather than be seen as a mystical beast.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beechner224 (929) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUL 5, 2013
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2014 Poured from the can. Aroma is very strong, lots of floral hops. Pours a nice golden color and white head. Taste is very strong hops that take over the more you sip it. This is my favorite DIPA to date.

salvaticas (529) - - JUL 4, 2013
Very citrusy on the nose. Pours a cloudy light orange. Very very light with a nice citrus hop bite. Really refreshing for a DIPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Sbichao (4) - - JUL 4, 2013 does not count
Color of the inside of a kumquat, slightly opaque with not too much sediment. Citrusy; pairs well with watermelon. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BrettTaylor (637) - Radford, Virginia, USA - JUL 3, 2013
Had as a taster at the brewery. They were in the middle of an active boil at the time and the smell of malt brewing and 6 kinds of hops filled the air completely (and I’m a homebrewer and LIKE the smell of brewing beer but this was too much in such a confined space). The aroma of the boiling beer effectively prevented an accurate tasting of the beer and I’m afraid it wasn’t in a good way. My review therefore is probably skewed low and my tasting notes reflect the aroma overwhelming my tastebuds. azy golden color, lemon nose, hard to pinpoint aroma, happy, but brewery openness is making it hard to tell, just a crap-ton of hops. To me they are just fighting with each other. Citrus and pine and astringency are all fighting with each other.