overall

RATINGS: 1408   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.24/5   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
An American Double IPA, packed with over 120 IBU!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Hammy78 (918) - Dundas, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 19, 2013
Can from a trade with a fellow Bar Towel member. Pours an absolute cloudy yellow/ copper colour, white head that dies to a ring, decent lace. Awesome citrus and pine hop aroma, with a touch of caramel. So formal. A little biscuity. Tastes is initially bitter and malt forward. A lot of grapefruit, a touch dryness. Amazing stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Daniel719 (144) - Safety Harbor, Florida, USA - SEP 19, 2013
This beer is just amazing. Have had it multiple times in a can and poured from a can into a glass. I actually prefer it in the can. The flavor stays longer. Out of the can it is one of the cloudiest beers I have ever sen. The aroma is intense and the hops pop out right away. The beer is just awesome. Major hops on the back end. This is my fav DIPA to date!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
bdgf06 (19) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 19, 2013
Great hops beer. Light color. Strong aromas. Solid finish. In a can! Pours with a slight white head. Not as strong as to overwhelm you but definitely every bit of 120 IBU. a hop lovers dream! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Bauzen (8) - - SEP 18, 2013 does not count
This is not a balanced beer by any means. If you're a hops lover, this beer certainly celebrates it like no other. It's almost comical and whimsical if I had to think of fundamental words to describe it. When you first crack open the can, you get hit with a sledgehammer of aroma; notes of citrus and pine hit you hardest. With every sip, the bitterness provides for a lingering complexity that makes this beer unique. I found myself laughing at the experience of the entire first can. Not sure how much of it was the reputation that preceded it, but I enjoyed every sip like a fat kid knee deep in chocolate cake. I only wish it was more easily accessible in NYC. As of the time of this review, it's available exclusively at Uncle Barry's in Park Slope, Brooklyn via Union Beer distributers. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Atheist_Peace (981) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - SEP 18, 2013
Yellow/orange pour, cloudy, with an average white head that persists. A much more vegetal nose than I would have thought with some citrus notes. About the same on the palate, with a more vegetal vibe than was expected.

Ready4Aheady (38) - New York, USA - SEP 17, 2013
To me, the Gold Standard. Beautiful peach, cloudy color. Foamy light head. Aromas of tangerines, lemons, vanilla, a sticky forest floor, and Humboldt-county-kind. Hop forward flavors with citrus, burnt caramel, and mild, balanced bitterness. A nice long finish, still haunting my palate as I type. Makes me warm and fuzzy, happy to be alive! I want to leave the brewmaster in my will.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jb (2701) - Rochester, New York, USA - SEP 15, 2013
I donít know if Iíd really consider this an IIPA. At Markís Fairport Brew Review. Wow. The most highly anticipated brew of the night. Saved for last. Brought in from out of town, Vermont? This was an extremely unusual IPA, I did not recognize many of the flavors and smells in this. But it is noteworthy that it stood out even after a long night of tasting. Nose - biscuits, grapefruit, and a few more things. Taste is floral, spicy, super dry, really interesting. Very murky. Iíd previously heard how unappetizing chunky and murky this stuff looked but seriously, I did not mind. Great stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Suttree (5767) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - SEP 14, 2013
Yeah, its that good. I took my first sip - gulp, really - from the can, as instructed. Smooth, and exceedingly crisp. Smells like (I had put it in a glass at this point) citrus, steel, and caramel. flavor is very hop forward, with notes of pine, citrus, and graham cracker. The best thing about this beer, though, is what it is not. I have grown weary of Double IPAs that overly sweet, syrupy, and heavy. This is crisp, and very in touch the hoppy side of the equation. Very drinkable, as well,. I could be tricked into drinking this like a session beer... Thanks to daknole for the awesome trade bonus!

mrhoppy (1288) - Santa Clara, California, USA - SEP 13, 2013
UPDATED: DEC 18, 2013 Mike gave me this beer. Everyone should have a friend like Mike! Thanks dude you rock! I didnít follow the instructions on the can. Cloudy golden. Dry grainy hoppy nose. Hoppy wheaty and a nice sweetness to go with it. Fresh rich oily hops.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mnmike (1074) - Minnesota, USA - SEP 12, 2013
Straight from the can as directed. Drinkable as all get out. Itís hop forward, but somehow is malt balanced at the same time. Citrus and other complex hop aromas seep out of the can opening while drinking. Too much of a pain to get these though. Estimated to be consumed 4 weeks after bottling. Please print a bottle date on the can (should be the law in my opinion). I didnít notice much, if any, resin or sediment in the last chug. Awesome beer - but Iím a sucker for the local Surlyís as THE best.