overall

RATINGS: 1016   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.22   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
An American Double IPA, packed with over 120 IBU!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
gEUS (890) - Linden, BELGIUM - JUN 5, 2012
500 ml alu can - the first ever beer I drank from a can! Pours deep yellow with orange hints. Aromaís of sweet peach, grapefruit, citrus, greasy notes of butter and buttermilk and some cinnamon. Medium body with a perfect bittersweet balance - very silky palate. Taste is grapefruit and coffee in the finish. Spectacular!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
FURLYSURIOUS (263) - Orono, Minnesota, USA - JUN 2, 2012
I decided to go for this long awaited treat from The Alchemist for my 200th review. Poured from 16oz can to imperial Surly pint glass... Pours a hazy honey gold, gorgeously unfiltered. I like my orange juice with pulp, I like my beer with floaties. A big, rocky off-white head swells to fill the 20oz glass. Spotty, sticky lacing. Great looking beer, I donít really understand why this beer is suppose to be hidden inside of a can. The nose is stuffed with fresh hop aromas - tangerine, orange peel, fresh floral bits, plenty of evergreen harshness to balance the heavy citrus. Not really any detectable malts here. On the tongue... hop abrasion like Iíve never really experienced. Grapefruit, orange peel, massive flavors. Exceedingly hoppy and bitter. The super dry, bitter afterburn keeps me going for more. What a delicious thing this is. Overall, I can see why people go nuts over this stuff. A unique, aggressive, very satisfying drink.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
northropfrye (1948) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - JUN 2, 2012
Thanks to dresden for this. Amazing beer. Perfect hazy orange colour with creamy off white head. Piney aroma. Taste is bitter and hoppy but with a nice balanced sweetness, honey, cloves, apples, oranges, banana. Brilliant beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dreamflower (479) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - JUN 2, 2012
Gorgeous refreshing aroma. Peach colour. Lively but not jarring palate.Taste reminds me of a sweet grapefruit. Perfect for a hot summer day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
humlelala (881) - DENMARK - JUN 1, 2012
(1 pint can from Toft Vin; BBD: Couldnít really find it) Flavour is nicely grassy with notes of pine. Not too resiny like so many DIPAís nor overly bitter. Just pleasant, tongue tingling flavourful bitterness that leaves a nice dry sensation on the tongue. Medium carbonation and a medium body. 1 cl poured in a glass reveals a slightly hazy golden brew with small floaties and little, fading white head. Aroma is herbal following the flavour with grassy and piney notes and a hint of dust. Quite pleasant but extremely expensive here, unfortunately (9 USD for one pint). Girlfriend says: "I wouldnít be able to drink a full one of that."

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
jackl (3862) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JUN 1, 2012
Can @ Mikkeller Bar. Enjoyed from a glass, because I donít play by the rules. Light hazy orange color with a significant amount of floating white sediment that slowly settles at the bottom of the glass. The nose is concentrated fresh syruppy pine and resin. Pineapple, mango, sweet-lip-smacking hops. Itís the usual nose is a big DIPA, just ramped up in intensity. The taste is huge pine, resin, more tropical fruits. Bitter dry finish. Very sweet but crazily drinkable. I had to conciously slow myself down while drinking this. The bodyís full and sticky. dank. Overall, great. I was expecting a letdown, but for me this beer totally delivered. Deservedly praised.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
kennydiaz (352) - staten island, New York, USA - JUN 1, 2012
I drank it from the can like they suggest. Very smooth hop taste that is very drinkable on a warm summer day. One of the best IPAís out there. Right up there with Pliny and Hopslam.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
PhatB420 (601) - Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 31, 2012
16oz can into a 23oz wheat glass b/c it looks awesome and Id rather drink out of a glass although the can tells me not to. Taste is heavanly hoppy, grassy, organic soil and herbs, light on the internal carbination and pleasanlty refreshing and satisfying., Color is tan gold with golden grams and sunshine coating the glass. this is hoppy up front, during ,and it the aftertaste. so nice. definatley one of the best, if not the best, dipa Ive ever had. worth seeking out and enjoying. Vermont beer at its finest.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
sunevdj (3076) - Copenhagen OE, DENMARK - MAY 30, 2012
Can at home. The can tells me to drink from can... And I always do what cans tell me to - so no idea how it looks, But I guess a clear golden with a white/off-white head, and give it a 3. Very bitter with a low, hoppy sweetness. Lots of hops aromas. Mostly of spruce and grape-fruit but also some plant sap. Medium to full bodied, with an oily mouthfeel. Medium carbonation. Long, bitter and extremely hoppy finish. Hoppy!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jamesewelch (35) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - MAY 30, 2012
I love the hoppiness of the beer and thereís very little to no bitterness. Itís a dark amber color and medium to full bodied.