overall

RATINGS: 1308   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.24   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
An American Double IPA, packed with over 120 IBU!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
pivnizub (9199) - Bochum, PorķřŪ, GERMANY - APR 15, 2013
Can(big thanks to ThirstyBird!): Deep golden sith an orangey sheen, hazy, some floaties visible, mid-sized persistent off-white head, pineapples and grapefruits in the solid herbal-hoppy nose, some tropic sweet fruits underneath; moderate to solid bitter-sweet flavour, medium to full bodied and pretty soft; lingering - hops still sticking to the palate - grapefruity-tart finish, some malt as a counterpart still present. A nice pleasureÖ

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
wheresyourball (531) - El Cajon, California, USA - APR 15, 2013
Can shared by Austin - thanks. Pours a bright gold with white head. Nose is sharp hops, pine; flavor follows with grapefruit and malt. One of the best IPAs Iíve tried.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
BEENJAMIN (290) - Portland, Oregon, USA - APR 14, 2013
Heady pours a unfiltered, cloudy gold appearance. Yes, I poured it out of the can into a glass. Warms to a fruity jolly rancher aroma, piney undertones with citrus bergamot adding complexity. Cream soda like, big juice body, nice bitter mid section finishing dry. Freaking delicious.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
skokott (42) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - APR 14, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 11, 2013 Bitterness, malt, tropical sweetness and floral notes come together at the perfectly harmonized levels at the right time, gentle bourbon, little weed taste. No taste sticks out like a sore thumb. Absurdly drinkable for a substantive beer. At $12/can itís pricey but extremely enjoyable. Thatís my biggest complaint..and it is a big one. Hard to get and expensive, but thatís Alchemistís right to limit their distribution but I donít have to like it. This is a must try for any aficionado and aspiring brewer. This is an example of perfect brewing execution.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
jonno (2345) - JAPAN - APR 14, 2013
Far out - this is the Robocop of beers. Clean cut, honest, but ruthlessly efficient. Huge citrus, tropical fruit nose. Super clean body, lots of big hops, well balanced, though this is an unabashed hop monster. A tad sticky. Dry finish. World class. Big thanks to Beerkat for letting me try this.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
palumbo (1) - - APR 13, 2013 does not count
Excellent character, individuality, amazing balance and drinkability for all of those hops. A good Ale makes itís own friends and The Alchemist doesnít need to spend much on marketing. I notice the picture on this site shows the Heady Topper label on a bottle. I was not aware that they offered this in bottles as the brewer is insistent that in order to enjoy the full bloom of the hop aromatics this ale should be drank right out of the can.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
berniecarbo (148) - Holliston, Massachusetts, USA - APR 12, 2013
UPDATED: JUL 13, 2013 A friend brought me a can back from a VT. trip. Best beer I ever had, OMG, just really good, strong hop but not overpowering. Only gave it a 3 on apperance due to average coloring and sediment floating around, donít get me wrong, I wouldnít change a thing

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dbarnold (1126) - Bethesda, Maryland, USA - APR 11, 2013
kick ass, perhaps the east coast answer to pliny the elder. Itís super hoppy, yet balanced and not overly strong. 8% is plenty, we donít need 12% with our hops! Lots of citrus, pine, resin all over, and comes in a big can. whatís not to love?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
spence3208 (18) - Maine, USA - APR 11, 2013
WOW!! had a friend give this to me. changed my palate forever!! Best IPA ive had. smells of citrus hops, orange color with medium head, great bitter ipa taste while also being balanced. looks like im making a road trip!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
HoppyAlesToYou (164) - Saint John, Indiana, USA - APR 9, 2013
Caramel, floral, spruce, herbs, and enough resin that if I closed my eyes, I could confuse it for the hopís mostly illegal cousin. The nose on this is otherworldly, I think I sprained my olfactory glands. It poured a murky golden tan, and the taste fit the aroma but was more subdued and bitter. A fine DIPA that is a must try for the aroma if you ever have an opportunity.