overall

RATINGS: 1504   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.24/5   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
An American Double IPA, packed with over 120 IBU!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Atheist_Peace (981) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - SEP 18, 2013
Yellow/orange pour, cloudy, with an average white head that persists. A much more vegetal nose than I would have thought with some citrus notes. About the same on the palate, with a more vegetal vibe than was expected.

Ready4Aheady (38) - New York, USA - SEP 17, 2013
To me, the Gold Standard. Beautiful peach, cloudy color. Foamy light head. Aromas of tangerines, lemons, vanilla, a sticky forest floor, and Humboldt-county-kind. Hop forward flavors with citrus, burnt caramel, and mild, balanced bitterness. A nice long finish, still haunting my palate as I type. Makes me warm and fuzzy, happy to be alive! I want to leave the brewmaster in my will.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jb (2933) - Rochester, New York, USA - SEP 15, 2013
I don’t know if I’d really consider this an IIPA. At Mark’s Fairport Brew Review. Wow. The most highly anticipated brew of the night. Saved for last. Brought in from out of town, Vermont? This was an extremely unusual IPA, I did not recognize many of the flavors and smells in this. But it is noteworthy that it stood out even after a long night of tasting. Nose - biscuits, grapefruit, and a few more things. Taste is floral, spicy, super dry, really interesting. Very murky. I’d previously heard how unappetizing chunky and murky this stuff looked but seriously, I did not mind. Great stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Suttree (6075) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - SEP 14, 2013
Yeah, its that good. I took my first sip - gulp, really - from the can, as instructed. Smooth, and exceedingly crisp. Smells like (I had put it in a glass at this point) citrus, steel, and caramel. flavor is very hop forward, with notes of pine, citrus, and graham cracker. The best thing about this beer, though, is what it is not. I have grown weary of Double IPAs that overly sweet, syrupy, and heavy. This is crisp, and very in touch the hoppy side of the equation. Very drinkable, as well,. I could be tricked into drinking this like a session beer... Thanks to daknole for the awesome trade bonus!

mrhoppy (1288) - Santa Clara, California, USA - SEP 13, 2013
UPDATED: DEC 18, 2013 Mike gave me this beer. Everyone should have a friend like Mike! Thanks dude you rock! I didn’t follow the instructions on the can. Cloudy golden. Dry grainy hoppy nose. Hoppy wheaty and a nice sweetness to go with it. Fresh rich oily hops.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mnmike (1084) - Minnesota, USA - SEP 12, 2013
Straight from the can as directed. Drinkable as all get out. It’s hop forward, but somehow is malt balanced at the same time. Citrus and other complex hop aromas seep out of the can opening while drinking. Too much of a pain to get these though. Estimated to be consumed 4 weeks after bottling. Please print a bottle date on the can (should be the law in my opinion). I didn’t notice much, if any, resin or sediment in the last chug. Awesome beer - but I’m a sucker for the local Surly’s as THE best.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Whatup14 (1613) - Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 12, 2013
Un petit bijou pour mon 400e rating. Cannette de 1 pinte. Couleur orangée trouble, mousse beige disparaissant en laissant un anneau. Arôme d’agrumes, incluant du pamplemousse, de l’orange, du citron, pointe d’alcool, miel, houblon résineux. En bouche, c’est une symphonie d’agrumes, de houblon résineux, avec un malt plutôt subtil, une amertume persistente et un peu d’alcool en fin de bouche. Carbonation moyenne, corps moyen-dense, légèrement collante. Buvabilité incroyable. Tout simplement exquise!

wagnerdr (2) - Arnold, Missouri, USA - SEP 8, 2013 does not count
A once in a lifetime beer for me. On a business trip, I met a couple guys at Mekong that had made a beer run to the brewery. They said this can only be bought in a twenty mile radius of the brewery. Well worth the trip. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Dodgrblu (731) - Sacramento, California, USA - SEP 7, 2013
16 ounce can from Timfoolery, big grapefruit aroma, resinous taste, mildly bitter. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
HonkeyBra (4036) - Lemont, Illinois, USA - SEP 7, 2013
Can from my man WillRunForBeer. It says to drink out of the can? I don’t know what I should do. I guess I’ll rate one from the glass and one from the can. From Glass: Pours a hazy yellow- orange with a quickly dissipating head. Aroma of lemon sherbet, some pale malt. Various citrus rind, some dank aromas. Flavor is very citrus, so hoppy and smooth. Quite nice. I would say about a 3.8. From the can: I cant see what it looks like. Aroma is very dank, very citrusy. Flavor is citrus, lemon, sherbet, lots of peach and tropical fruits. Absolutely delicious. Medium bodied.Yeah, this is a 4.3.