overall

RATINGS: 1412   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.24/5   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
An American Double IPA, packed with over 120 IBU!

pet3rman's rating

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
pet3rman (369) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 26, 2012
UPDATED: MAR 11, 2015 Half from the can: as soon as you crack it, you get blasted by piney citrus hops. Very drinkable from the can.. I could have kept going, but I had to give it a look...poured into tulip: cloudy golden, excessive sediment despite careful pour. Aroma remains true. Full bodied, full flavored,some carbonated kick, a hint of alcohol burn. Nice big bitterness throughout and lasts intO next drink. Floral, grapefruit, evergreen... Sweet sour bitter. A resounding winner.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
squonk45 (17) - Martinsburg, West Virginia, USA - FEB 12, 2016
I wrote to this Company because it did not live up to what I expected, I gave them the batch Number and hope i just got an old can of this brew. I t is good and will try it again if i am assured it is a fresh one. Best part it was a free beer as a new friend i gave a bomber of Yellow rose (lone Pint) returned a favor cause I have never tried a heady topper before. MAYBE IT IS ME? I just love a certain taste in ipa I can only find in Yellow rose, Born Yesterday, and the 2015 batch of Hoppy Birthday to you, and In the 2015 kegs of space cakes by Clown Shoes. If any one knows what I am tasting and can refer a simular taste to me please do so.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
20107589 (589) - randers, DENMARK - FEB 10, 2016
pour pale with a fine white head. wauw a nice aroma. like opening a bag full of fresh hops. mandarin, orange, floral, dank. taste medium bitter, really nice ballance!

liddell (1) - - FEB 10, 2016 does not count
Draft, from can - Pours a darkish orange-amber in color with a very small white head that fades quickly. Low carbonation. Aroma is piney with some citrus and also some malty sweetness. Flavor is a "heady" mix of sweet malts along with medium bitter citrus and pine hops. Palate is quite thick and almost slightly oily. Finish is medium bitter and lingering along with the intense hop flavors. I absolutely LOVE this beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
linusb (353) - SWEDEN - FEB 9, 2016
A: Orange/yellow to brown, with a nice and thick two finger white head. N: Grapefruit, wet wood, forest, hemp, dandelions, bubblegum T: grapefruit, forest, mushrooms, pine, resin O: Very nice and very well balanced! Lovely bitterness and packed with hop flavours.

llkc (962) - århus, DENMARK - FEB 8, 2016
duft: frugtig sødlig appelsin mandarin smag:citrus lime rimlig bitter med kant af frisk appelsin lidt honing melon. blød tyk malt eftersmag

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hennessyjk (33) - Nashua, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 7, 2016
From a can. Since I live in neighboring NH I can make periodic beer runs. The best aroma of any beer I've ever had. There are so many different tastes in this beer I may never tire of it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
madsberg (11167) - Søborg, DENMARK - FEB 7, 2016
Can. Golden/light amber coloured. Unclear. Dense light beige haed. Aroma. Herbs, flowers, vague tropical fruits, sweetness, grape, grass. Flavour. Herbs, flowers, tropical fruitgs, sweetness, grape, grass, spice. Medium to full bodied. Ends flowery bitter and grapy. Very nice and well worth all the hype IMO.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
rekvium (340) - Odense C, DENMARK - FEB 6, 2016
From can. I love you MrOrla! <3 pous hazy orange with a white head. Aroma of juice, tropical, citra hops?, seems super fresh! Taste is tropical, peaches, pineapple, prolonged bitterness, light sweetness with a bitter finish. This baby has all the right moves!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
brnandersen (2881) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - FEB 6, 2016
Pint size can picked up at Mikkeller Bar, Victoriagade. Let’s see if this is worth all the hype. Hazy, golden colour with an amber tint, and a creamy white head. Fruity aroma with sweet exotic fruits, apricot, peaches and citrus fruits - grape and a hint of Nelson Sauvinon. Taste is bitter. Medium to full body with a creamy texture and an average carbonation. Finishes long lasting dry and bitter with a lot of citrus fruits. A slightly toasted note. Excellent IIPA - well recommended.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
davidezdonz (142) - , HONG KONG - FEB 6, 2016
A 1 pint can canned on 15th December 2015 (I would have drank it earlier but was very sick for a long period of time) and tried from the can at first then poured into a Spiegelau IPA glass. It poured a hazy golden yellow orange colour with a two finger white head that dissipated fairly quickly but left nice sticky lacing. As soon as I opened the can the tropical aromas immediately came pouring out, but there was still a hint of the metal from the can. After pouring it into the glass, the aromas were not as strong but better with a mix of tropical pineapple, mango and citrus mandarin, orange peel and lemon zest. There was also a hint of pine. Taste was strong juicy citrus grapefruit and pine with a hint of tropical mango and pineapple. Nice front loaded bitterness which continues into the aftertaste. On the can it says “drink from the can” so I tried that as well. I have to say that taste is just as impressive from the can. Medium bodied with medium carbonation. Overall, an excellent DIPA. Must buy and taste fresh if possible. I only wish I wasn’t very sick when I received it… but I know I wouldn’t have been able to enjoy it as much if I drank it a month ago as I wouldn’t be able to taste or smell much. Although it says to drink from the can, which I did try, I still prefer to pour it into a glass to enjoy. It allows you to enjoy its look and gives a clearer aroma. Well worth the hype.