overall

RATINGS: 1458   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.24/5   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
An American Double IPA, packed with over 120 IBU!

kazin's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kazin (412) - Malmö, - JUN 27, 2012
Nice with aroma, taste of grass, rich floral notes, fruit (peach and some grape), but not as intense as I had hoped. Probably had my sights set too high..

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
AskForJenny (1060) - Ontario, New York, USA - APR 30, 2016
Gift can that is product of a Smokey and the Banditesque beer run. Pale hazy yellow, no lasting head, little lace. Hops on nose. Sip is good, more hops than malt with plenty of each. Hops turn bitter fast. I get it, but this is more a case of demand or exclusivity prompting a higher rating.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jhamp9 (1521) - Corinth, Texas, USA - APR 30, 2016
Hazy yellow orange pour with a white head. Aroma is citrus, peach, pine, and toffee. Taste is peach and citrus with a bit of pine. Easy bitterness. Soft palate. Great beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
McNeillR (2129) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - APR 23, 2016
Very hazy light golden and a soft white ringed head. Nose is grassy spearmint, husky malt and more honied citrus. Initial taste is an excellent strip of bitterness, fairly grainy and faintly grapefruit. Fades into a decent nosh of spicy honey booziness. Carbonation is middling and mouthfeel is fairly sticky, touch of booziness. Finishes clean enough, more minty citrus and creamy key lime and lingers out steely and vibrant and not at all like a fresh sipping DIPA. Still tremendous and glad to have it within a month to disprove the notion three month old plus cans weren’t as smashing as it would be semifresh.

Can, Brockware IPA Face/Off Beta Edition

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ozzY22 (120) - - APR 18, 2016
Goryczka zdrowa i mocna. Barwa bursztynowa nieco zmętniona. Aromat to już grejpfrut i cytrusy. Piwo jest ok ale chyba hype trochę za duży. Sculpin z Ballast Point bardziej powalił

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Samact (5) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - APR 17, 2016 does not count
Un corp onctueux qui dévoile des saveurs douces de melon miel, mandarine et légèrement florale. L’amertume se mélange merveilleusement bien avec les saveurs. Un chef d’oeuvre tout simplement.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
60minuteman (1217) - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 15, 2016
Can from a friend. Light and hazy amber with medium amount of white head. Aroma of hop, resin and grapefruit. Medium body. Soapy. More resin. Drinkable enough, very hoppy, bitter and, honestly, strange in a unique "this is interesting" kind of way. Must be a million types of hops in here.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
VincentAnthony (35) - Massapequa, New York, USA - APR 12, 2016
Pours a hazy light orange gold. Aroma is delightful mix of citrus, mango and pine. Taste is bright citrus and tropical fruit with gentle hop bite. Nice carbonation. Nice complexity. Nice balance. Excellent.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jnortonvt (49) - Essex Jct., Vermont, USA - APR 6, 2016
Four-pack after waiting in line to pick up Lawson’s Sip of Sunshine. Was actually offered Heady as well so figured I better take it. Brewer recommends drinking it straight from can, however, its color is one of the strongest traits. Orange-cloudy is pretty darn close to perfect. Citrus aroma a plus as well. Piney-citrus taste-too bitter for my taste.Clean finish. A good beer but I have trouble understanding the hype. Can name a number of Vermont beers I’d rather drink before this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ajm (1072) - Los Angeles, California, USA - APR 6, 2016
I intend to have this again. Courtesy of Magic Mike Trahan. Beautiful glowing golden color. Aroma was surprisingly faint and taste was a dry, hoppy unified spicy beam. Not the most complex IPA I’ve ever had which makes me wonder how it was stored and how old it was. But obviously a top tier product.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SpaceBalls67 (1) - - APR 4, 2016 does not count
Don’t believe the hype. The good: It is very drinkable. It does taste good. Contrary to many I believe the color is fine. The bad: There are many better Double/Imperial IPA’s out there. Many from Oregon. Many from the North east. It says to drink out of the can. I’m sorry I’m not 18 drinking bud or busch light.. It’s a little pricey. It’s hard to get. Which is why I lean to the hype issue. It does totally not live up to the hype that it is the holy grail of IPA’s. It is a very good, very drinkable beer. I have enjoyed over 12 of them so I feel I have a pretty good idea. Would I buy it again yes, However, when I went to buy it, I was more excited to see all the other beers that I could get singles of that were available. When I go back to buy it it will be for the other beer possibilities not just Heady Topper.