overall
Brewed by Aldaris (Carlsberg)
Style: Pale Lager
Riga, Latvia

RATINGS: 271   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Aldaris Zelta (Gold) is a classically brewed lager with a mild bitterness, hop flavor and pure malt taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
KingofCastle (205) - London, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 24, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2007 bottle: I feel like I am in the Baltic States, with a pitchfork heaving hay around. Tired, i reach for a cold beer & encounter Zelta. This is a refeshing, tasty pale lager which urges me on to pitch more hay. Classic is the world here: soft malts, some bitterness, some definite sweetness, nothing too offensive, nothing to stand out. You can do better, but don’t turn it down when you need to do more farm work. These Baltic State beers have a lot of soul, I feel transported.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Donatas (188) - Vilnius, LITHUANIA - DEC 25, 2002
The same as lithuanian Kalnapilis. And the same brewer. Average Baltic lager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
LordBeamish (144) - Boozetown, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 24, 2007
bottle: My initial drink of this beer felt like I had taken an enormous swig of Billy Bee honey straight from the honey bear. However, much like Ekstra this beer grew on me as I made my way to the bottom of the glass. Very nice hops and malts blend to produce a nice flavour. Finishes sweet but not in an offensive way. All around a very satisfying brew

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Stopherbomber (111) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - APR 26, 2007
my first latvian beer, went on to smash back a lot of these in a short space of time. fresh, no aftertaste, easy to drink.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Magtek32 (76) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 7, 2007
500ml bottle. golden colour with a thin quick dissapearing head. malty aroma. taste pretty much the same. definately drinkable but nothing special

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
PlainsDrifter (75) - Adelphi, Maryland, USA - SEP 1, 2010
Pours light golden with a small white head. Medium carbonation, slightly spicy and bread aroma. Light spice start, light to medium barley flavor. A clean finish with a light bite.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
mandaritto (60) - LATVIA - MAY 9, 2014
Cheap, pure golden colour, economic beer. Classic pale lager from Baltic Grainy, malty taste. Drinkable, but nothing special at all.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
atalus (16) - Riga, LATVIA - FEB 3, 2006
One of most popular beer in our country. Resonable price, good taste - thats what we expect in beer witch we use in usual party.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
artbub (10) - Carnegie, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 1, 2006
I really liked this. It has a unique taste--sweet and lingering (as one reviewer wrote). It has an acquired taste. Being proud of my Baltic heritage I excitedly tried this Latvian beer and I was not disappointed. Yes, it has traits that purists may find disconcerting-- an almost complete lack of hopping, pretty sweet, but no hint of wheatiness--but it is fun to drink. I was deeply saddened when my local beer distributor quit carrying it. To tell you the truth, if you like a fruity beer,get this. It does lace well, and it tempers well, from the coolness of a fridge to drinking it slightly warm, I didn’t find it skunky at all.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
mansdibens99 (8) - USA - FEB 3, 2002 does not count
Zelta means gold in Latvian. The golden brew is all I wanted to get on tap while I was in Riga(Latvia’s capitol). It’s a good conversational beer.