overall
Brewed by Aldaris (Carlsberg)
Style: Pale Lager
Riga, Latvia

RATINGS: 267   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.35   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Aldaris Zelta (Gold) is a classically brewed lager with a mild bitterness, hop flavor and pure malt taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Magtek32 (76) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 7, 2007
500ml bottle. golden colour with a thin quick dissapearing head. malty aroma. taste pretty much the same. definately drinkable but nothing special

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
PlainsDrifter (75) - Adelphi, Maryland, USA - SEP 1, 2010
Pours light golden with a small white head. Medium carbonation, slightly spicy and bread aroma. Light spice start, light to medium barley flavor. A clean finish with a light bite.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
mandaritto (39) - LATVIA - MAY 9, 2014
Cheap, pure golden colour, economic beer. Classic pale lager from Baltic Grainy, malty taste. Drinkable, but nothing special at all.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
atalus (16) - Riga, LATVIA - FEB 3, 2006
One of most popular beer in our country. Resonable price, good taste - thats what we expect in beer witch we use in usual party.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
artbub (10) - Carnegie, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 1, 2006
I really liked this. It has a unique taste--sweet and lingering (as one reviewer wrote). It has an acquired taste. Being proud of my Baltic heritage I excitedly tried this Latvian beer and I was not disappointed. Yes, it has traits that purists may find disconcerting-- an almost complete lack of hopping, pretty sweet, but no hint of wheatiness--but it is fun to drink. I was deeply saddened when my local beer distributor quit carrying it. To tell you the truth, if you like a fruity beer,get this. It does lace well, and it tempers well, from the coolness of a fridge to drinking it slightly warm, I didn’t find it skunky at all.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
mansdibens99 (8) - USA - FEB 3, 2002 does not count
Zelta means gold in Latvian. The golden brew is all I wanted to get on tap while I was in Riga(Latvia’s capitol). It’s a good conversational beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
DAT (3) - AUSTRALIA - MAY 18, 2007 does not count
Served in a can at the local Latvian club. They were all out of the porter, so I had to try this one. Poured light straw, no head. Dominated by sweet malt, not much bitterness or anything else. I got all I expected from this "Premium Lager"