overall

RATINGS: 123   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
Pumpkin Ale is pumpkin pie in a bottle. Skip the pie after dinner and just have a couple of these! An American Amber Ale flavored with all those fall spices we love!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
carl4beer (522) - Fairfax Station, Virginia, USA - NOV 23, 2009
Draft at wholefoods fairfax. Pours light brown with a thin head. Aroma is brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnimon. Very nice pumpkin pie with fizz.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pottygok (469) - Ohio, USA - DEC 6, 2010
Aroma: The pumpkin is overpowering, and itís pumpkin, too, not pumpkin pie or pumpkin pie spices, but there are hints of floral hops underneath. Apperance: Cloudy Orange with a white head that faded quickly. Taste: Sweet, sweet, sweet. Palate: Medium body with creamy texture, soft carbonation, almost flat, and a lasting finish. Overall: The label does not lie. This tastes like pumpkin pie--rich, spicy and creamy. Of all the pumpkin beers Iíve tried this Fall, this would certainly be one of my go tos.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
robgibbens (412) - Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - OCT 17, 2010
aroma: pumpkin spice, not very strong appearance: a very dark amber with a thin head taste: sweet with a cherry bubblegum aftertaste, interesting palate: smooth medium bodied overall: decent but itís a bit sweet for me. does not embody the pumpkin flavor of many others in this category.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
GhostFace (321) - Wisconsin, USA - FEB 11, 2012
12oz bottle courtesy of Drake. deep amber in color. nice aroma of all the scents youíd associate with a pumpkin brew; pumpkin, clove, nutmeg & allspice. taste follows the aroma to the "T", all while staying well balanced. this is a very tasty beer!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ljstephenson (249) - Enterprise, Alabama, USA - OCT 3, 2010
Pour is a cloudy dark orange color with an off-white head with good lacing. Aroma is strong with cinnamon, corriander and malt. Flavor is strong with pumpkin, spice and cinnamon, soft carbonation. Finishes soft with stronger presence of alcohol at the end. Fantastic seasonal.

Bamaboy1975 (242) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - SEP 14, 2013
I LOVE THIS BEER. I was in phonexville at the end of fall last year and happened to walk into a bar that had it on tap. I have had ALOT of pumpkins beers, this is by far my favorite. I live in philly and am excited for the fall, mainly because of this beer, I hope that it finds me again, as I continue to search for it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Spookgolds (241) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 17, 2011
I am reading all the reviews about how this is like drinking a pumpkin pie, Iím not getting that at all. I mean itís not terrible, but something just isnít right. I think Iíll try another and re rate it later.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
zdk9 (183) - Texas, USA - NOV 7, 2010
(12oz bottle thanks to Exiled) Pours a full orange color. Smells sweet and buttery, cinnamon, white sugar, banana. Taste has even more spice- cinnamon, clove, a touch of buttered rum. I can get the pumpkin too. Itís a little more spice than I would like but a good dessert beer. I could drink some more of this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DCJack (181) - Alabama, USA - DEC 1, 2010
Iím not big on fruit beers and this has a big fruit taste. Lotsa cinnamon, like drinking a pumpkin pie. Bet Iím the first person to say that. Very thick mouthfeel, which I like. Gives a good happy buzz.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Eberndt (176) - - SEP 2, 2013
Great pumpkin beer. Better than pumpking but not as good as schlafyís. Sweet flavor and aroma. Wife liked it.