Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale

overall
Brewed by Oland Brewery (AB-InBev)
Style: Golden Ale/Blond Ale
Halifax, Canada

RATINGS: 650   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.16   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Nova Scotiaís most popular beer, Alexander Keithís India Pale Ale is fully fermented, mellow-aged for smoothness and uses balanced North American flavour and bittering hops to create a unique, malty flavour. Alexander Keithís India Pale Ale is smooth with a slightly floral hop character and a sweet flavour delivery.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
neurbob (2) - - AUG 28, 2014 does not count
Twice I have been deceived while visiting Canada into ordering their version of an "IPA". Never again! This is one of the lamest beers I have partaken of since playing beer pong in college. On tap at 2 otherwise good restaurants in Canada. Little aroma. Yellow-Golden. Where are the hops? Not much else in there. Canít disagree with most of the previous ratings.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
sam_rates_beer (16) - Manitoba, CANADA - AUG 19, 2014
Didn't bother pouring it out of the bottle. Why bother, although, I can imagine that it would look pale yellow like watered down urine. Tastes much better to be sure. I would get a dull headache drinking 6 or more, a 7th would probably clear that up though. Calling it an IPA smacks of east coast humour.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
KansaiBeerLvrs (2028) - Kyoto, JAPAN - AUG 12, 2014
Bottle at my parentís house. A very lager like clear gold. Sugary sweet light malts with some fruity notes as well. Medium bodied and pretty smooth. The taste is an inoffensive sugary sweetness with light malt notes it is ok but are you sure it isnít a lager? Not at all what a modern IPA is more the lobotomies version that existed in the 1980s.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
bellco33 (317) - Willington, Connecticut, USA - JUL 25, 2014
Poured from a bottle into a coffee mug: Pours clear yellow with a white frothy head. Aroma of sweet corn, grass, and coffee mug. Taste is that of an American lager with less skunk. If you blind folded me and told me this was Molson Canadian I would believe you. No trace of hops, bitterness, or anything that defines an IPA. Thereís nothing good about this, but itís not repulsive either. Meeh.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
exportrus (1) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - JUL 22, 2014 does not count
I am not sure why people are giving this beer such a low rating but I am basically a single malt scotch drinker. With single malt or good tequila you aim for a nice smooth drink with a little bite. When it come to beers I also want a nice smooth beer, especially in the summer. Anyway, to me this is very smooth and nice. If I can get the same affect from drinking a smooth beer why drink something harsh. Just my two cents. I will drink this beer in the summer...no doubt about it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
ntlwhlr (22) - Illinois, USA - JUL 20, 2014
I tried this craft beer while in Canada. The bartender said they had Alexander Keith on tap, so since I hadn't tried it before I said bring it on over. It came in an Alexander Keith IPA glass. Didn't taste much like an IPA. I asked if this was the IPA. He said it was. Weak IPA. Tasted more like a pilsner. ---Rated via Beer Buddy

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
mjakopa (217) - Maribor, SLOVENIA - JUL 15, 2014
Drank from a can so no notes on colouring. Aroma is industrial, grainy, and sweet. Taste is very watered down, no hints of any hops whatsoever. Some hints of malts but mostly grassy, grainy, and some sweetness. Itís drinkable but this shouldít be labeled an IPA. Not even close.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
Gerbeer (1775) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 15, 2014
341 ml bottle. Pours a clear gold with little head. Not much on the nose - perhaps grain and grass. Flavors of grain/corn, rice, and light malts. Watery and Industrial.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
hockeybeerguy (2078) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - JUL 14, 2014
Interesting, called an IPA by the company but labeled as a golden/blonde ale on here. Hereís my take: This was poured into a pint glass. The appearance was a golden amber color with a less than a film of a white head. Lacing, what lacing, ha, nowhere in sight. The smell had some weird cooked corn, uh...whereís the hop bitterness? The taste was a weird funky sour sweet corn. On the palate, this one sat about a light to medium on the body. Sessionable, uh...well I guess it was though I found it hard to put down. Overall, uh...well, thereís nothing remotely close for this to being an IPA. Is it a blonde ale as this site suggests? Well if it is, still this beer isnít exactly one to be desired again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MiloC (18) - - JUL 14, 2014
Not a bad mainstream ale, but definitely not an IPA. A bit too much cooked corn, for my liking but refreshing all the same.