overall

RATINGS: 288   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.73   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
The special dark lager beer. With body, with a different and soft flavour. Very aromatic, adapted to mediterranean tastes. Also suited to drinking when chilled.
Bottle: Pasteurised.
Ingredients: Water, Malt, Malt Extract, Cereals, Hops, Yeast.
13°

Nekronos (3646) - Xalapa, MEXICO - JAN 2, 2006
Very nice, great flvor, and good aroma, the foam is good, and the glass helps to improve the flavor. I like this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
elsabet (1) - USA - APR 27, 2006 does not count
I don’t know why, but for some reason I love this beer. It brings back great memories of being in Tapas bars in Spain with my friends. I’m hoping to bring some more back on my next trip in June, but I really really would love to fine it here.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BrewTeeFull (1) - Michigan City, Indiana, USA - FEB 5, 2013 does not count
I love this Beer. Dark in color but not in aftertaste. Goes down smooth with great chocolaty tones. I found this in a very nice Lebanese restaurant.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SanfordBrewer (1391) - Sanford, Florida, USA - DEC 23, 2009
(br-btl bk-lbl, 12oz, Spain)

opq-bk, no head, syrupy-sweet-chrrd-malt, balancing-leafy-hops.
similar to schwarzbier but with some maize flavor.

great with mildly spicy and roasted/browned latin-american food.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Grzesiek79 (3305) - Radom, POLAND - FEB 27, 2012
barnyard, spruce, cereal, woody, rotten eggs, smoke, brown, cloudy, white foam, light sweetness, very bitter, medium body, sticky, lively, astringent,

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SpringsLicker (3170) - Tennessee, USA - MAY 15, 2004
Gracias a Matta por esa!! My first Spanish beer! This was a bonus from the Tampa Trader!!!! (And not a bad beer, as you’ll see...) Pours with a huge, off white head that lays a heavy lacing on the glass. Aroma is Toasted Mocha Caramel Candies. Full mouthfeel and flavor. I wasn’t expecting this from Spain. Very Nice!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
awwshiz (76) - USA - AUG 7, 2007
I enjoyed this beer a lot. I drank it at a very fancy restaurant. What more is there to say?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
flying_pig (1008) - SCOTLAND - APR 3, 2013
330ml Bottle from Lupe Pinto Deli, Glasgow (Ł1.49):
Rich, roasted malts aroma with a touch of sweetness and quite a bit of chocolate. There are a few hops but these are light and subtle. I could detect a touch of alcohol, some mild coffee and more sweetness with syrup as the drink settles.
Dark mahogany colour with red tinges and a bubbly looking, thin head that is a brownish white and settles about half a centimetre tall. There is a touch of lacing on the sides of the glass.
Sweet with nice roasted malts and a solid chocolate flavour. There is some light caramel and coffee with a nice earthy taste too.
Light medium & sweet with a good balance and a smooth, dry finish.

A definite step up from the other Alhambra beers I’ve tried. There was a great balance to the beer and the roasted malts are complimented beautifully by the sweetness and the touches of chocolate.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
dwyerpg (4653) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAY 20, 2006
Interesting that my bottle called this a dark lager. Pretty nice, with some wheat hints. Not quite a czech dunkel, but pretty good for my first beer from Spain.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dionysus (1448) - Arizona, USA - JUN 8, 2010
Bottle pours dark brown with a healthy tan head and some light lacing. Aroma is moderate roast malt and chocolate fudge smothered in caramel. Flavor shows the same. Dry and exceptionally well balanced. I must say I was suprisingly impressed with this one. Really nice and easy drinking. Not at all burnt or ashy. I think i’ll have another one!