Allagash Bruin

Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 15   MEAN: 3.23/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
dberger624 (1028) - Phila, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 14, 2003
Draft at the Grey Lodge in Phila. I think this is listed in the wrong catergory. Good brown. No sourness that I cold pick up. Nothing wrong with it. Just boring.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
JFGrind (1842) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 9, 2003
I had this beer on draft at a local bar. Beer was described as a "Belgian brown ale". I found the aroma yeasty (banana), beer poured with a foamy head, and adequate taste (for a brown ale). A light Belgian beer (aren't bruins usally low alcohol?) that would make a fine session beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
dankfor20 (193) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAY 24, 2003
This was aight it didn't really do all that much for me but it was drinkable. Was light brown and the aroma was definatley a little yeasty and had a hint of fruity spice flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - MAY 4, 2003
Had this on draught at a beer fest--Looked like a beer I wanted to drink. Nice brown, wee through color. Not much on aroma and not much on flavor. There was a tinge of the typical Belgian yeastiness, but not enough of it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAY 3, 2003
I did not find this on the brewer's website, though I did find it on tap at a local bar. This is a Belgian brown ale. Sour, thin and unrewarding, I was none too pleased with this one. The first real failure I've seen from Allagash.