Brewed by Alley Kat Brewing Company
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Edmonton, Canada

RATINGS: 59   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
One sip will transport you straight back to Grandma’s kitchen.

With warm and inviting aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg this pleasantly medium bodied ale will envelop your tastebuds with all the best flavours of fall.

Pumpkin Pie, a fan favorite since 2007, is returning this fall. Offered in a 650ml, this warm spiced ale has notes of cinnamon and ginger on a bed of delicious pumpkin. 13.5°

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
hobbersr (690) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 18, 2008
Pours a dak transparent red with a small beige head. Aroma has a whack of nutmeg... tons of nutmeg. Other scents on the nose are well pumpkin and I wanna say pie crust. Wow! it tastes like pumpkin pie in a bottle!. Enough said. Feels alright on te palate. Loses marks for not tasting like a beer... but for weirdness and taste, it gets a thumbs up!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
BrewGoblin (592) - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CANADA - OCT 21, 2014
A wonderful but strange beast this is! T’was exactly as a Pumpkin Ale should appear in my opinion, ruddy copper with a thick off-white head. The aroma however, blech! Light spices, carrots, brown bread and....SOAP! But then, redemption. Perhaps the finest, true-to-taste Halloween quaff to date for me. Very spicy, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, licorice with extremely real tasting pumpkin pie qualities. Enjoyably sweet yet not lip-puckering, it is mid carbonated, a tad chewy and leaves a perfect pumpkin pie aftertaste that lasts and lasts.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Masterkush7 (580) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - DEC 30, 2013
Pours medium amber, thin off-white head, passable lacing. Nose is very soft, with cinnamon, clove, pumpkin, some malt as well. A pretty good average brew from my favourite local brewer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheHulk (486) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 7, 2010
UPDATED: OCT 15, 2010 Smells great, you really get the spices in the nose - cinnamon and it really does smell like pumpkin pie. Brownish red, it is quick thick and cloudy, a bit of head, ok lacing. Looks better in the glass than I expected for something that isn’t bottle conditioned. Smooth uptake on the sweetness of the malts, a bit spicy from the herbs and the pumpkin (?) flavour. The problem here is, as I have a few more sips I only can smell diapers now when I get it close to my nose. NO, it’s the poweder smell to cover up the diaper smell from the diaper genie! ok, so my smell memory is great but that smell really doesn’t belong in my beer... good thing I smelled it before I got the taste mixed up in my nose. Fairly creamy on the tounge, a bit of spice flavour and then it fades. Pretty good, I’ve bought this a few times now for something different. Next edition 15th anniversary : pretty much the same, I’m not geting the diaper smell this time... but I CAN see where on the right night your nose would be in that place. The head’lacing is even weaker, but the spice/flavour combination is even more spot on. I used to hate pumpkin pie as a kid and now I love it, I bought 2 at the store when they were festively on sale and this beer is jus like the pie spices, minus the crust flavour. I really prefer a thicker (bottle conditioned) beer, and this one is after a Rochefort 10 and 6, so I’m pretty judemental, but this one still tastes right.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
exeter (482) - calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 6, 2014
Sweet, spicy, nutmeg, pumpkin pie with malt. This was one of my fav pumpkin beers,

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
simonblaine (470) - Alberta, CANADA - JAN 19, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 25, 2015 Good, pours reddish brown. Definite pumpkin pie flavour and aroma. Bit watery. Now to find a whipped cream flavour beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hidden_Pooch (410) - Stratford, Prince Edward Island, CANADA - OCT 24, 2014
Poured a very clear ruby red with a nice off white head. When I took my first whiff I though it was all over. Aroma was of spice, carrot, nutmeg, and a big old dominant soap smell. Luckily that is where the soap ended. Tastes was of cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie, caramel and brown sugar all blended beautifully. Had a medium body with low carbonation. Felt very clean with a nice cinnamon kick near the end. Bad smell, great taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Scubaguy (230) - Alberta, CANADA - OCT 8, 2010
The flavor has some good malt,pumpkin,cinnamon,nutmeg. There is nothing that is really overpowering. It feels balanced. The aroma steals the shows in this one. There is good cinnamon and nutmeg and a touch of pumpkin. It’s just smells great. The warmer it get’s the better the aroma is. Pours a deep copper color with a nice off white head that quickly disappears to a thin ring. It finishes with some good lingering spices. I have to say that I am not a fan of pumpkin pie. But i am constantly reaching for another one of these. I think they did a great job with this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
garth_86 (225) - EDMONTON, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 15, 2012
2012 bottle. Pours a copper color. Aroma Is big pumpkin and spiced. Taste is same pith lots of that pumpkin pie they were going for. Great beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
RCx240 (143) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 15, 2014
Clear amber, minimal white head. Smell is strong pumpkin, as well as some nutmeg, cinnamon and coriander. Taste is nutmeg and cinnamon, some pie crust and finishes with a long lingering pumpkin taste, leaving a slight slimy pumpkin film in your mouth. Good fall beer, tastes exactly as advertised.