Brewed by Alley Kat Brewing Company
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Edmonton, Canada

RATINGS: 66   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
One sip will transport you straight back to Grandmaís kitchen.

With warm and inviting aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg this pleasantly medium bodied ale will envelop your tastebuds with all the best flavours of fall.

Pumpkin Pie, a fan favorite since 2007, is returning this fall. Offered in a 650ml, this warm spiced ale has notes of cinnamon and ginger on a bed of delicious pumpkin. 13.5į

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
simonblaine (571) - Alberta, CANADA - JAN 19, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 25, 2015 Good, pours reddish brown. Definite pumpkin pie flavour and aroma. Bit watery. Now to find a whipped cream flavour beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hidden_Pooch (518) - Stratford, Prince Edward Island, CANADA - OCT 24, 2014
Poured a very clear ruby red with a nice off white head. When I took my first whiff I though it was all over. Aroma was of spice, carrot, nutmeg, and a big old dominant soap smell. Luckily that is where the soap ended. Tastes was of cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie, caramel and brown sugar all blended beautifully. Had a medium body with low carbonation. Felt very clean with a nice cinnamon kick near the end. Bad smell, great taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
exeter (511) - calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 6, 2014
Sweet, spicy, nutmeg, pumpkin pie with malt. This was one of my fav pumpkin beers,

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheHulk (486) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 7, 2010
UPDATED: OCT 15, 2010 Smells great, you really get the spices in the nose - cinnamon and it really does smell like pumpkin pie. Brownish red, it is quick thick and cloudy, a bit of head, ok lacing. Looks better in the glass than I expected for something that isnít bottle conditioned. Smooth uptake on the sweetness of the malts, a bit spicy from the herbs and the pumpkin (?) flavour. The problem here is, as I have a few more sips I only can smell diapers now when I get it close to my nose. NO, itís the poweder smell to cover up the diaper smell from the diaper genie! ok, so my smell memory is great but that smell really doesnít belong in my beer... good thing I smelled it before I got the taste mixed up in my nose. Fairly creamy on the tounge, a bit of spice flavour and then it fades. Pretty good, Iíve bought this a few times now for something different. Next edition 15th anniversary : pretty much the same, Iím not geting the diaper smell this time... but I CAN see where on the right night your nose would be in that place. The headílacing is even weaker, but the spice/flavour combination is even more spot on. I used to hate pumpkin pie as a kid and now I love it, I bought 2 at the store when they were festively on sale and this beer is jus like the pie spices, minus the crust flavour. I really prefer a thicker (bottle conditioned) beer, and this one is after a Rochefort 10 and 6, so Iím pretty judemental, but this one still tastes right.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Scubaguy (230) - Alberta, CANADA - OCT 8, 2010
The flavor has some good malt,pumpkin,cinnamon,nutmeg. There is nothing that is really overpowering. It feels balanced. The aroma steals the shows in this one. There is good cinnamon and nutmeg and a touch of pumpkin. Itís just smells great. The warmer it getís the better the aroma is. Pours a deep copper color with a nice off white head that quickly disappears to a thin ring. It finishes with some good lingering spices. I have to say that I am not a fan of pumpkin pie. But i am constantly reaching for another one of these. I think they did a great job with this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
garth_86 (225) - EDMONTON, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 15, 2012
2012 bottle. Pours a copper color. Aroma Is big pumpkin and spiced. Taste is same pith lots of that pumpkin pie they were going for. Great beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
RCx240 (198) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 15, 2014
Clear amber, minimal white head. Smell is strong pumpkin, as well as some nutmeg, cinnamon and coriander. Taste is nutmeg and cinnamon, some pie crust and finishes with a long lingering pumpkin taste, leaving a slight slimy pumpkin film in your mouth. Good fall beer, tastes exactly as advertised.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Parksy (123) - Alberta, CANADA - SEP 29, 2011
From a bottle. Very good Pumpkin flavored beer. Tastes like drinking a piece of pumpkin pie!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Macadem (103) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 23, 2009
The pumpkin pie spice is really all i can get on the nose of this, which is delightful in its own right, it smells exactly like pumpkin pie! The flavor is alot more subtle, with the pie spice being only really on the after palate. There is a light ale behind it, but the pie spice still dominates. Not often iíll comment on a label, but this one is great for an october seasonal beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
koppertone (63) - Alberta, CANADA - MAY 7, 2013
I got this in a slightly different bottle but I think it is essentially the same brew as listed here. The pumpkin pie flavor was a tad overwhelming for me and really drowned out any of the other flavors. Personally I feel it is a bit of a novelty and I might get it for a Thanksgiving or Halloween party but wouldnít purchase it regularly.