Alpha Andorbock Fumat

Brewed by Cerveses Alpha
Style: Smoked
La Cortinada Ordino, Andorra

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.71   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 273   ABV: 9.1%
Producte: Cervesa especial estil "Andorbock" fumat.

Caracteristiques: Color mel fosca amb tocs de coure, sabor persistent a fruites i un final de malts fumades amb un lleguer amargor de llúpol d’Andorra.

Elaboració: Tres mesos en ampolla amb doble fermentació.

Limited run, 389 bottles.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
heavy (2161) - Split, CROATIA - DEC 29, 2012
26/12 A 0.33 l bottle from La Birreria, Andorra la Vella. It poured muddy orange body with small yellow head. Caramel, glue, burnt plastic aroma. Did they put a thrash can on a fire, then smoked these malts on it? Flavor was slightly sour then, typical hoppy like all of their beers, caramel, smoked notes which were still off, but less unpleasant. Showed some body, unlike their other brews, but still I doubt it was near 9%. Finish was quite long, sourish and rounded caramel sweetish, with some stray burnt glue still present. Nor a disaster as it could be, but completely out and I rate it so high only as a taster, homebrewers would despise it I guess.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Marko (4056) - Split / Zagreb, CROATIA - DEC 28, 2012
Really hard to guess the name on this one but I guess this is it. Natko brought this from Andorra, bottle 320/389. Poured a murky, opaque peachy body with a small off white head. Gluey plastic smoked aroma, light peachy maltiness. The taste is, unfortunately, a mess. For some reason I kept on writing "soup" instead of "soap". I had a fever during the tasting, that might explain it. Anyway, Soap, smoked malt, glue, empty in general, light bitterness, but not in a good way (those Andorran hops I guess heh). I found something nice about it but couldn’t decipher why. Doesn’t taste ANYTHING like 9,1% - either the brewer’s a grandmaster of hiding the alcohol in a beer, or the percentages are way blown up. All in all... ehh... Glad I tried a smoked bock from Andorra?