overall

RATINGS: 91   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.28/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Since “Willy” is so versatile and can be flavored with fruits and essences, we add a touch of vanilla extract to compliment the sweet nuttiness. Also good mixed with Captain Stout, a blend we call “The Captain and Vanil.”

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
danielcurtis81 (1519) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 1, 2010
Sampled on tap at the brewpub. The Appearance is a cloudy white and pale gold. The flavors are full of vanilla and cream soda. A bit of wheat flavors too. The mouth is really creamy and goes down easy. Nice and refreshing simple brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JoeTheYounger (1181) - Lake Arrowhead, California, USA - OCT 9, 2010
Pours an ectopic cooler color small white head. Aroma and taste of wheat, vanilla with a touch of nuttiness. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
tokyogoat (1503) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 10, 2010
A decent offering, well worth the money and i’d possibly get it again. I actually really liked it, tasted like a alcoholic frosted mini wheats. great beer to use for blending, good straight up, lots of wheat and tons of vanilla and rock sugar.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
nightrider (754) - encinitas, California, USA - JUN 20, 2010
On tap at the brewery after a grueling day of cycling the Laguna Mtn’s. Light golden in color with a white head. Vanilla on the nose with some sweetness. Light body. Wheat, fruity and kinda refreshing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
brokensail (15271) - San Leandro, California, USA - MAY 3, 2010
A: The pour is a clear golden color with a fluffy white head. S: The nose is sweet and has a strong vanilla presence. I still am able to pick up some of the wheat as well, which I was a bit surprised by. T: While the vanilla flavor is pronounced, it is not overwhelming (like I feared it might be). The beer is definitely sweet, but not cloying. As with the nose, I was amazed by how much "beer" flavor was still there. It was almost reminiscent of a Nilla Wafer cookie. M: The body is medium with a bit of crispness and a moderate level of carbonation. D: I was expecting this to be just bad, but it was actually quite a nice balance of malt and sweet vanilla flavors. I don’t think I’d suck down a growler, but a glass was nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - MAR 19, 2010
GABF ’09.
The only good thing this beer has going for it is a clever name, which is why I bothered to try it. Pours a weak yellow with a nice vanilla nutmeg aroma (okay, TWO things). Flavor is an awful, plastic vanilla that sits like water on the tongue. Y. U. C. K.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BlackDonald (1126) - Gulf Shores, Alabama, USA - AUG 4, 2009
This was an interesting little brew, I had to come back and have a couple samples of this one, cause I could not really put my finger on what was so appealing about it. Spicy wheat nose, with some faint vanilla extract. Matly, and not overly sweet in my opinion like some have said. I thought this had a really nice texture and finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ungstrup (33427) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - JUN 13, 2009
From growler. A hazy golden beer with a beige head. The aroma has strong notes of wheat combined with notes of vanilla. The flavor has strong notes of wheat and medium notes of barley malt, and vanilla, leading to a dry wheaty finish where the vanilla note lingers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
sebletitje (8789) - Enghien, BELGIUM - MAY 18, 2009
Sampler at the brewery. Pours hazy golden, thin white head. Aroma of wheat and vanilla. Taste, sweet vanilla, light hops, overly smooth with excellent touch of the vanilla. Beer keeps a grainy palate and keep a wheat profile Simple, easy to drink, and overly tasty. I want more..

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
bsierra (213) - Vista, California, USA - APR 20, 2009
I picked up a growler while passing through Alpine to visit relatives. Appears a very bright straw color with nice clarity. Nose is very pleasant with the vanilla filling nicely in the background. The taste is very smooth, the wheat presence is light and perfect and the vanilla is not over done and peaks very well towards the end. I drank this entire growler and I wanted to turn around and grab two or three more on my way back. Awesome brew Pat, keep ’em coming~